Menu

Atelier Art coming to Homeschool Buyer's co-op

We're enjoying Atelier. The DVDs feel a bit dated. The instructor is a bit on the boring side. But that being said, my kids are having fun with it and creating fun things. It just takes a quick look-see from me to prep all the materials and then I can literally pop in the DVD and let my kids have at it.

Anyone compare this to HomeStudio Art dvd's? Wondering which is better and easier to implement?

I did get HAS through the group buy and am very happy with it. I hear great things about Atelier, though. It was simply a matter of cost and also mine occasionally takes & enjoys outside art classes. (We did get the program to help cut down on the # of classes outside.)

So investing in Atelier didn't make sense for us (but it could for you) and I knew the classes will round out anything if I find HAS doesn't cover it, but that is just our situation. Having not used it, I can't say which is easier to implement. HAS is easy to get going and KristenR said Atelier is easy, so I don't think that would make the decision for me. You may find you prefer the projects (looking at their online samples) and find that one is more what you are hoping for. There was a thread awhile back.

Good info ya'll. So, when you order from HSBC ~ do you need to add anything to the total (shipping, extra fees, etc)?

Sometimes, there is some kind of small service charge -- I think it was $2 on the last deal I bought. It will be clear in the offer terms if there is one. Shipping depends on the offer. Some will have free shipping as a bonus, some won't. I have had several things mailed to me through their deals and the shipping was never too much to deter me if it wasn't free as part of the deal. When the deal is active, all the terms should be clear.

Anyone compare this to HomeStudio Art dvd's? Wondering which is better and easier to implement?

I haven't used HAS, but considered switching to it from Atelier because it is so much cheaper. I looked at the galleries posted on the HAS and Atelier websites, and was more impressed with the upper levels of Atelier. HAS looked more crafty, but it is a whole lot cheaper.

Someone mentioned the DVDs look dated, but my kids don't seem to mind. They love when I pull out the DVD.

I "think" the retail is $155 and then discounts are given depending on how many people order. You can commit to buy when the percentage is at a certain amount. For example, I could sign up to buy it if the percentage is at least 25% off. The best deal is 40% off and I believe they made it last year! I am hopeful that enough will purchase that it will be 40% off again this year.

If I am incorrect on any of these, feel free to clarify.

We have Atelier Art and HAS. My girls prefer Atelier for sure even though I agree it looks outdated and the teacher can sound a little dull. They love it and often ask to go back and revisit the lessons they have already done. I was really hoping they would like HAS better because of the price but I will be buying the next level of Atelier.

We did hit the 40% discount last year. My kids love doing Atelier, and I am pleased with the results.

Last year, shipping was per level ordered, so if you ordered more than one level, it was quite high. However, it was still worth it.

Do you remember about how much the shipping was last year (per level)? Just so I know how to plan? thanks :)