Menu

Science audio books?

GalmiBorn

We LOVE SOTW audio books and I'd really like to supplement our science with something similar. Does anyone know of any science audio books? textbooks like Apologia or great living books that are in audio format also? I can't seem to find audiobooks unless I know a title to search for. Thanks for any help!

Do you want Young Earth materials? we are old earth and most of my living science sources assume old earth/evolution.

If you like the STOW audiobooks, you'll probably like Weiss' Galileo and the Stargazers (living science).

Also some of the Magic School Bus books have an audio format.

You could also look at the books in Beautiful Feet's history of science series, and search for audio versions. I can't find audio for the Jeanne Bendick books (she does Archimedes and the Door of Science, Galen and the Gateway of Science, &c which are excellent) but maybe there is for the others.

This links to the Amazon page for Jeannie Fulbright's Apologia elementary anatomy and has an option for audiobook download.

... if anything else comes to mind, I'll add it! :)

The Magic of Reality is fabulous. It's available on audible.com.

Yes; but to the OP -- if you like Apologia, you may not like Dawkins' take on the separation of things empirical/real vs. not: as in, the full title is, "The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True". In this book he is not confrontational or anti-religious, but he is still quite blunt. I like the resource enormously, plan on using it, and hope others do too -- but if you are Young Earth, esp, you may want to use the Look Inside to be sure it is usable for you.

I was really hoping that the Great Scientist and Great Inventors audios would be at our library! So bummed. I might buy one for our next road trip though. Thanks so much for the suggestions. We are YE; however, I don't mind havig great discussions with my kids about differing beliefs and the underlying worldviews that accompany them. Any other suggestions!

The Life of the Spider is available on Librivox, though you might come out knowing more about spiders than you ever wanted to.

It's more story than living book, but DD enjoyed George's Secret Key to the Universe, and even I ended up learning something about astronomy. She's looking forward to listening to George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt, whenever we get time to listen.

I was really hoping that the Great Scientist and Great Inventors audios would be at our library! So bummed. I might buy one for our next road trip though. Thanks so much for the suggestions.

I was upset that they weren't at my library either. But then I discovered I could fill out a form to request materials for my library to purchase -- and they ordered them!! Along with quite a few other resources I have since requested. I have become quite impressed with my library lately.

I was upset that they weren't at my library either. But then I discovered I could fill out a form to request materials for my library to purchase -- and they ordered them!! Along with quite a few other resources I have since requested. I have become quite impressed with my library lately.

I request many things from my library. They usually buy them. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We LOVE SOTW audio books and I'd really like to supplement our science with something similar. Does anyone know of any science audio books? textbooks like Apologia or great living books that are in audio format also? I can't seem to find audiobooks unless I know a title to search for. Thanks for any help!

DS loved "The Storybook of Science" by Jean-Henri Fabre'...maybe someone has made an audiobook of it. If not, It's still worth reading aloud to the kids yourself.

Geo