Menu

Positive story on homeschooling family

VeritasMama

Here's an article that shows a successful, large family that homeschoolss, and they are presented as completely normal. The mom said she wanted to show people how diverse homeschoolers really are. Thought others might appreciate it!

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/meet-the-new--cool-duggars--the-hendersons-of-colorado-222835218.html

One thing that did bother me was that the article compares this family to the Duggars. I don't dislike the Duggars, but I'm not sure why they need to be mentioned everytime someone in the media talks about homeschooling.

I'm not even clear on how the Duggars homeschool because I've never seen an episode where they showed more than a minute of them schooling.

I haven't watched the show that many times though.

I know, I've only watched the show a few times and I've never seen them doing school.

When I read this article, the one thing I kept thinking was that I wish they'd mention what curriculum they were using, lol.

And therein lies the problem.

Well I think showing them homeschooling would be kinda boring, or perhaps they have asked not to have that be the focus of the show. I wouldn't want that kind if scrutiny. Plus how can one focus on school with a bunch of cameras?

The show is snippets of their lives and they probably don't bother with the boring stuff. KWIM?

True, but that doesn't stop people from leaping to conclusions, KWIM?