Menu

WWE Year 3 and 4--I made a weekly guide chart

Maisy

for each year (Year 3 and Year 4) that has the correlating FLL grammar topic, as well as notes about what to do each day and how to do it. I also included space to record dictation/narration selections (book title/page number, etc.).

Here's a sample:

http://www.notthebestmommy.blogspot.com/

I plan to put these pages behind my organizer's weekly dividers.

I just thought I would share this in the event that it might provide you with a little more time at the beach and not at the computer! If you'd like the file, let me know and I'll email it. It's just a Word table--easily modified. (I stink at Excel!)

dictation/narration passages? I'm just about to look into WWE/FLL 3 and/or 4 as a way to streamline, but I thought from the samples I saw that it was all there for you. I really don't want to have to pick them out-that's why I'd want WWE/FLL.

Also, I only see FLL3 as just shipping and that WWE 3 and 4 aren't even out yet. How did you do your schedules?

I'm probably missing something really obvious. Can you please enlighten me?

. I'd check that it doesn't break any copyright guidelines.

I thought the same thing - better check before passing it out to folks. :) I think your chart looks very good!! I need to get as organized in a few of my subjects!

to see if my chart is ok to pass along to others before I send it to anyone who has requested it. Hopefully it will be ok. The information is largely paraphrased notes to myself and page number references.

I'll keep tabs on this thread too so, if approved, I can email it out to anyone who wants it.

Thanks everyone!

dictation/narration passages? I'm just about to look into WWE/FLL 3 and/or 4 as a way to streamline, but I thought from the samples I saw that it was all there for you. I really don't want to have to pick them out-that's why I'd want WWE/FLL.

Also, I only see FLL3 as just shipping and that WWE 3 and 4 aren't even out yet. How did you do your schedules?

I'm probably missing something really obvious. Can you please enlighten me?

To clarify--there is the WWE text and the WWE Student Workbooks. The WWE text (covering all four years) is out. The Student Workbooks (with all the passages, sentences, scripting, etc. that guide you through each and every day) are currently available only for Year 1 and Year 2. There are not yet any Student Workbooks for Year 3 and Year 4, so you will have to hunt up your own reading/narration and dictation sentences.

For Year 3 and Year 4, the WWE text walks you through Week 1 (with reading passages, scripted comprehension questions, and dictation sentences) and then explains (generally, but still helpfully) what to do for Weeks 2-10. The grammar topics from FLL 3 and 4 are listed so you can select narration/dication passages that include those elements.

When the program changes up a little bit (Week 11, Week 20, etc.), you get walked through another week with passages, sentences, scripting, etc., and then continue on your own (as above) for the next several weeks.

Yes, you have to select your own reading passages and sentences. This is largely why I made my chart. I wanted everything all in one place, broken down by weeks, and I wanted to be able to write on it--notes, etc. I didn't want to have to reference the WWE text each day we did writing (e.g., Is today dictation or dictation and narration? How many words am I doing today? Do I show the student the narration or not?), so I made the charts as an "organizational prompt" for myself to use on a daily basis. Plus, the differences between Year 3 and 4 are subtle at times, so I didn't want to get each kiddo's program confused, KWIM?

I am using FLL to streamline as well. We really enjoyed FLL 1&2, so I'm looking forward to the rest of the program. I just wish those darn 3 and 4 workbooks were out, because I'm basically pretty lazy and am usually willing to pay someone else to do the curriculum heavy lifting! :001_smile:

Hope that helps to clarify things for you a little bit.

Go ahead and send it to anyone you've already promised it to...and then maybe don't send any more. :001_smile:

SWB

I've already PM'd those who have asked to let them know I won't be sending it, and I'm sure everyone else understands. If they saw the sample, then they can see what I've done and do it themselves if they are so inclined.

I would hate to know that I passed along basically the gist of the WWE text to someone who hadn't already purchased the book (something that hadn't even occurred to me when I made the offer, which was done originally in an effort to be helpful--I would hate for anyone to shy away from the program because they were scared of a little planning! :))

But thank you so much; you are kind to offer!

before I saw it, I hadn't even checked into WWE since we're using IEW for writing. But it looks to me like WWE could perform another function for me-streamlining our narration and transitioning us over from copywork to dictation. I just wish level 3 was out in workbook form! But your sample helped me there too, to see how to use the text and make it practical to plan out what types of narration, etc., are appropriate for the age, and use the guidelines for copywork/dictation passages I should be looking for-a big help, thank you! And your explanation of WWE was just what I needed, so thanks again.