Menu

A little help, please

brehon

So, my wee one is 4 1/2 months old and has been exclusively nursed. However, because of my work lately, I've been unable to pumpon anything resembling a regular schedule. Consequently, my milk supply has been dwindling. When I'm at home I nurse on demand; but, that's simply not enough to make up for pumping twice, three times max in a 24 hour period. So, my question is two-fold: (1) what can I do to increase my milk supply and (2) assuming I am not able to pump enough to have enough bottles at home for the days I'm on shift, do you have a formula recommendation?

My ds is on Xantac for severe reflux. I've modified my diet to no avail ( no dairy, etc); so, I think dairy based formulas are out. Any recs? Thanks.

Can you pump while he's nursing?

You know, I've tried that, but just haven't had a lot of success. I'm sure it's operator error (on my part, not ds'). DS moves around a lot & kicks his little feet. And - despite the fact that this is <ahem> not my first nursing rodeo - I have never learned how to correctly do the football hold. 6 kids, all nursed; you'd think I'd have it figured out by now. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

You know, I've tried that, but just haven't had a lot of success. I'm sure it's operator error (on my part, not ds'). DS moves around a lot & kicks his little feet. And - despite the fact that this is <ahem> not my first nursing rodeo - I have never learned how to correctly do the football hold. 6 kids, all nursed; you'd think I'd have it figured out by now. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Little kicking feet. Sniffly-sigh. I miss those days.

Good luck!

Oh, and you could also try lying down and holding your pump on your "up" br..st, KWIM?

Little kicking feet. Sniffly-sigh. I miss those days.

I know!! I'm lying in bed at work missing it!

Good luck!

Thanks.

Oh, and you could also try lying down and holding your pump on your "up" br..st, KWIM?

I could. I'd probably fall asleep, though. Between wee man and work I average 3 hours of sleep a night.