Menu

Interesting Find - Richard III

bpskowski

We've been reading about this since the bones first were located. Our history boys feel strongly that the reinterment service should be Roman Catholic, as that was Richard's religion. I read this morning that some sort of ecumenical service is planned, and I can't agree with that. I also side with York Minster as the appropriate burial site, even though the laws of discovery (or whatever they are calling it) dictate otherwise.

I know that he is often referred to as the "hunchback" king and that the news report states that they did find evidence of scoliosis....but then the article went on to say that the history would have to be rewritten so was he "hunchbacked" or not?

I know that he is often referred to as the "hunchback" king and that the news report states that they did find evidence of scoliosis....but then the article went on to say that the history would have to be rewritten so was he "hunchbacked" or not?

I was confused by that also. If you click through the pictures, there was a significant curve to the spine.