Menu

S/O sharing Amazon Prime

Spryte

How does one share a Prime membership with family? And, can the family members then borrow a Kindle book as well? What about streaming, will they have access to that? Do they need their own Amazon account, or do they just access yours (I foresee problems arising that way, so I'm hoping the Prime would apply to family member's established account)?

Just learned on the other thread that we can share Prime. Nice!

go to your account.

scroll down to manage prime membership

scroll down to where you can extend up to four invitations via e-mail. they must accept the invitation to complete the set-up for a shared membership.

and you can actually share it with anyone.

Only the prime amazon prime member has streaming.

Prime members under a free trial or paid subscription can share their shipping benefits with up to 4 additional family members living in the same household, or up to 4 coworkers to shop for the related account.

My neighbor a few blocks over signed me up on her Prime account, without my prior knowledge. (Thought she was doing me a favor.)

But Amazon DOES check, as I got booted off a few months later for not having the same address.

This is what Amazon says:

Sharing Amazon Prime Benefits

Prime members under a free trial or paid subscription can share their shipping benefits with up to 4 additional family members living in the same household, or up to 4 coworkers to shop for the related account. Other Prime membership benefits such as Prime instant video and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library can't be shared.

To invite family members to share your Amazon Prime membership, sign in to Your Account and click on the link to "Manage Prime Membership." You'll see your current membership details, the status of all members linked to your Amazon Prime membership, and options to add or remove members.

Amazon Mom and Amazon Student members with Amazon Prime shipping benefits and customers receiving a free month of Amazon Prime benefits with Kindle Fire will not be able to share their benefits with additional people. All existing shared household members will continue to receive shipping benefits if the primary member switches to the Amazon Prime shipping benefits offered by one of these programs, however, the primary member will not be able to add or change shared household members if they move to one of these programs.

Yeah, that's the rub, check the wording. It's for family members in the same household. How that would work for us is when ds gets his own Amazon account, which he needs, then I could allow him to use my prime, but not have all of his stuff sitting in my cart or wish lists.