Menu

B'day party idea for 17yo boy?

Brilliant

DS turns 17 in a couple of weeks and we can't decide what to do for his party.

He wants to invite about a dozen 16-18 yo boys. He could only think of 4 girls he might invite, so it looks like a co-ed party is out. :)

In recent years we've done: Shotgun range, LAN party (video games), laser tag (3 times!)

He wanted to see the new Die Hard & then come back to the house for pizza & cake, but it's rated R for language and he already found out at least one of his best friends wouldn't be allowed to come. He doesn't know of any other movies coming out that they'd want to see.

He'd be interested in playing Magic the Gathering, but only one of his friends has cards.

So, all my ideas are shot down...any more ideas?

It's still fun to build marshmallow guns with pvc pipe and hand everyone a bag of mini marshmallows. Just don't let them come in with their shoes on for snacks and they have to sit on the kitchen floor. :) Rock climbing walls are fun. The climbing clubs at our local colleges host parties as fund raisers.

Paintball?

Great idea...but paintball is very expensive in our area (SoCal). It would cost over $500 for the group!

It's still fun to build marshmallow guns with pvc pipe and hand everyone a bag of mini marshmallows. Just don't let them come in with their shoes on for snacks and they have to sit on the kitchen floor. :) Rock climbing walls are fun. The climbing clubs at our local colleges host parties as fund raisers.

He's pondering the marshmallow gun idea. I found directions online, so I'll ask dh what he thinks about the practicality of making a dozen guns. We have a great park nearby where they could do this.

I love the scavenger hunt idea, except for needing to rustle up more chaperones. :)

I like the games idea, too. I had originally ruled it out because our house has 2 living areas, neither of which is super-large. But I think we could set up another table in the living/dining room and make it work. Ds is open to this idea, too. And it's definitely the budget-conscious option - Costco take & bake pizzas are on coupon in February!