Menu

I need picture editing help!

Pamela H in Texas

My foster children are adoptable and we are not the adoption resource because we can't keep one of them (not in his best interest). They've already lost other placements too. Anyway, the worker wants to get them "out there" ASAP. I totally agree! So she wants pictures. Well, wouldn't you know there was an accident on Monday and the one child has a black eye, the kind that will last a couple weeks. Now, obviously I have some pictures of the kids, but they want A LOT of pics of the kids, including those of them together so I *really* need to get pics taken this weekend. SOOOOOOOOOOO, I need help with this black eye. Is there a service that could help? Or ???

Does anyone know if somewhere like portrait innovations will edit out such things? Maybe I need a professional?

Thanks In Advance!

That's going to VERY tough. The skin around the eye has a lot of variance (folds, wrinkles, etc) and shadows that will be hard to replicate. I wish I had better advice. I can edit out a LOT of things, but something covering that large of an area in such a difficult spot is not something I'd feel comfortable doing.

I don't think we could get a shot that showed what needed to be showed AND not get the black eye...

I did take a couple pics with the black eye behind the football. I wonder if they did a pose like the sign for tiger, if I could get it just right? Maybe if whatever I do is cute enough....or dress the boys up like football players and the girl like a cheerleader?

I gotta think of something. They can't "go out" with him having a black eye!

I like the poses. We'll see....

Amy, may I be brutally honest? We are SO the wrong home for one child who needs to not see or hear people so often as well as needs to not be carted to one activity after another. He just can't get his footing here. And his dysregulation is *really* dysregulating several other family members. I hate making him sound bad. He really is a sweet and cute kid. Last night, I wrote some notes about him for the person writing up his profile to use as raw material and information (since she'll have never met him). Much of it is *very* positive. But only because I think hopping around is even worse than being in the wrong family have we not put in notice to disrupt placement. All that to say that two weeks is a lot longer of a time period when you are him or us in a bad fit environment-wise, even when we care about him and are working hard to help any way we can.

Sent you a message.

adding: Dd just called. She thinks she can do it. She has done something very similar before. (I think it was a friend who had a black eye.) Some of it will depend on the pictures. They need to be fairly good quality. Angles and lighting will matter. I think they need to be a pretty large file size too. Anyway, she is willing to try.