Menu

Ex-Husband just left to move to another state, and.....

AlmiraGulch

.....I'm a little sad. :huh:

This man who has given me so much grief, has made so many bad choices that have negatively impacted the children and me, has lived in my house off and on since our divorce nearly 7 years ago because he can't get it together, is now gone. Why would I be sad?

I guess it's the end of an era. Plus....he's really close to the kids, and it's going to be very hard on him. Plus.....despite everything, he's my friend and I want the best for him. He's been a pain, but a constant in my life for a long, long time. It's going to be very weird not having him around, even when about 1/2 the time he drives me nuts and sabotages my parenting!

Maybe I just wish it could have been different. Not that we could still be together. Not that at all. More like I wish he could have done better things and been a better man so that he could have had a good job, a happy life, maybe a new wife that makes him happy, and that he could have stayed close by for our girls.

Anyway....that's all. Just had to get that out somewhere.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I'm sorry you're feeling sad, but I definitely understand it, and I actually think it's an overall positive thing, because it's a lot healthier emotionally to feel the way you do, than to hate the guy's guts and think hateful thoughts about him. It's easier to get over feeling a bit regretful than it is to deal with years of resentment.

Ok, I just had to laugh out loud.

He pulled out of my driveway about 20 minutes ago and already called to ask if my husband can go help him. He just got a flat tire on his rental car, and it's packed to the gills. He's on the side of the highway and doesn't want to unpack the whole car while he's alone, in the dark, to get to the spare.

Seriously?

My ex recently moved, and our mutual friends, who quite naturally hung out with life-of-the-party, charming and single him over me, have come out of the woodwork to blab about him, and OMG, I got the "least worst" of him. I thought he'd grow up and move on, but pushing 50 and he's WORSE. At first it was sad, and now I am just so thankful I got out when I did.

Shouldn't the rental car agency send someone? I would not change a tire myself especially not in a rental car. Poor guy.

Technically, yes. However, today he went to rent the car with is debit card, because he has no credit but just sold his car and has a little cash. What they failed to tell him is that they also do a credit check when you rent with a debit, and he failed that. So yeah, I rented it for him on my credit card, and he'll just change the form of payment to his debit card. I did make him take full coverage insurance, though, so if anything happens it won't have to go through my own insurance. The roadside assistance was an extra $10 or so, so I suggested maybe he should take that off because he has AAA. He did, so the rental agency would charge him $68 to go change his tire. Oops!!!

He did call AAA, after I reminded him he has it, and they'll be coming out to change it, I think. I wouldn't change it in the dark on the side of the highway if I could help it. Particularly when you have to basically unpack 1/2 the vehicle to get to the spare!