Menu

cheap art prints?

Mammy5

I'm fairly sure that if you find a good quality file, you can have it printed at Office Max or other printer places and it is considered fair use. We do this with the Ambleside art study prints. I am always amazed at how great they turn out. We print on the highest weight paper they have (#80 usually) and don't make it glossy and it looks fantastic. For about 6 prints, it costs 4 dollars or so this way. In fact, I have this semester's selections that I need to pick up today!

We have LOVED the Core Knowledge art prints. I am NOT by any stretch an art expert, but the back of these nice large prints has background info and commentary, questions for discussion, etc. I didn't care enough to get art study done before these, but it actually happens somewhat frequently with these cards in my arsenal, and shockingly, I actually enjoy it!

This is a link to the kindergarten set - there is one set for each grade.

http://books.coreknowledge.org/product.php?productid=16191

I'm fairly sure that if you find a good quality file, you can have it printed at Office Max or other printer places and it is considered fair use. We do this with the Ambleside art study prints. I am always amazed at how great they turn out. We print on the highest weight paper they have (#80 usually) and don't make it glossy and it looks fantastic. For about 6 prints, it costs 4 dollars or so this way. In fact, I have this semester's selections that I need to pick up today!

Do you have these printed on card stock or photo paper? What kind of file do you send them?

Do you have these printed on card stock or photo paper? What kind of file do you send them?

Card stock. I read a blog somewhere where she said she tried both and card stock was way better. I tried it and have to agree. I sent a .pdf, but it looks like they'll take most common file types.

I use the Ambleside prints as well, I have them printed as an 8x10 on cardstock from officemax, but I also convert them into jpegs using a free online converter and then I upload and print them as 4x6 photos on www.clarkcolor.com. They usually have coupon codes, I get mine for $.04 a print plus delivery ($5.00). They look great, very high quality. My son has a photo album where we keep the smaller prints, I have him write down the artist and the name of the piece and the year it was done. We use the larger print for picture study.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the Ambleside prints as well, I have them printed as an 8x10 on cardstock from officemax, but I also convert them into jpegs using a free online converter and then I upload and print them as 4x6 photos on www.clarkcolor.com. They usually have coupon codes, I get mine for $.04 a print plus delivery ($5.00). They look great, very high quality. My son has a photo album where we keep the smaller prints, I have him write down the artist and the name of the piece and the year it was done. We use the larger print for picture study.

I have done this. I find art prints online and have them printed as photos at my local Walgreens. We keep them in a photo album with the name and artist written on a 3x5 card inserted into the opposite pocket. He reviews them daily. Big hit here!