Menu

Block someone's avatar?

Snow

Im sure this would be the lowest priority item ever if it doesn't already exist, but is there a way to block just someone's avatar - not their whole posts? There are a couple avatars I just can't stand looking at.

I know, i know...get a life, but I have to ask.

I've tried blocking avatars but then all the avatars are blocked... and yes there are a few offensive ones IMO. Right now all avatars are blocked b/c I can't stand seeing one in particular but I don't want to block the person who seems like a nice lady! The ad-on doesn't recognize the avatars individually for some reason.

Okay, I'm on my laptop with Firefox and the Adblock Plus add-on and I can block them individually. Oddly, the option to do so doesn't always come up but when I reloaded the same page and tried again, it did. All I have to do is right click the image and at the very bottom of the menu under "Inspect element" (which is the bottom menu option if the image blocker option doesn't come up for some reason) is the option "Adblock Plus: Block image ..." which I can click and then select the most specific option to block (the address that goes all the way down to the image file name). It disappears immediately.

Edited to add link to Adblock Plus add-on for Firefox.

Now I have to ask ... is it me? I can see how it would be borderline offensive if you really hated brunets that read. ;)

Please don't answer this question. Over the course of my life I've developed a prejudice against haters of brunettes who read and I'd prefer to think good thoughts about you.

Okay, I'm on my laptop with Firefox and the Adblock Plus add-on and I can block them individually. Oddly, the option to do so doesn't always come up but when I reloaded the same page and tried again, it did. All I have to do is right click the image and at the very bottom of the menu under "Inspect element" (which is the bottom menu option if the image blocker option doesn't come up for some reason) is the option "Adblock Plus: Block image ..." which I can click and then select the most specific option to block (the address that goes all the way down to the image file name). It disappears immediately.

Thanks for the link. Some of the movie trailer / TV ads that pop up on the most basic sites are very scary to my younger kids. Especially the animated ones, where a zombie or something suddenly pops onto the screen.

Speaking of avatars . . . does anybody else see some avatars that seem to have scrolling text? It looks like they are empty boxes but then as I scroll down, text pops up and scrolls through the box. It's not an empty avatar. It's more like the image isn't interacting properly with my browser. I can't think of who has one at the moment.

Speaking of avatars . . . does anybody else see some avatars that seem to have scrolling text? It looks like they are empty boxes but then as I scroll down, text pops up and scrolls through the box. It's not an empty avatar. It's more like the image isn't interacting properly with my browser. I can't think of who has one at the moment.

nope can't say I have

Swellmomma, scrolling doesn't work, because if I wanted to read the post before yours, then your avatar would show up on my screen. And yes, your avatar, I would gladly block. But remember, I was once on the receiving end of such a weapon. Your avatar causes me pain each time I see it. But I don't want to block you, I like you. I never complained about your avatar, because I know my situation is (almost) unique. And I don't want to impose my history on everyone else. But it's either all avatars or none. :-(

There is one I blocked here and that was exactly how I did it.:)