Menu

18w pregnant with stomach bug tmi

happyhomemaker25

First I'm on my Kindle so forgive any errors. I've been throwing up with diarreah since 11p.m. last night. Mostly every hour but a couple of times 3-4 times in one hour. The diarreah is just clear fluid at this point and the vomit is mostly bile though I did manage some gatoraide earlier that stayed down for about 30m.

At what point do I worry about dehydration? I just had my first dizzy spell a couple of minutes ago. There is still some urine though its a trickle. I rarely get sick and its been a long time since it was this bad.

My arms feel like lead and I can hardly keep my eyes open. I know dehydration can result in early labor so I want to stay on top of it.

yes, you should be concerned with dehydration. Just take little sips at a time and then lie down. When I had hyperemesis gravitas my midwife said to take a few spoonfuls of juice or tea about every 20min. You could probably do it a bit sooner. I'm sure it can be something similar when the stomach flu.

Also, juice popsicles are really good because you get the liquid in small doses. Send someone out to buy these for you.

Clear broth - or what I preferred was the broth from regular chicken soup - I just didn't eat the food part. KWIM?

:grouphug: I hope you feel better soon.

I hope you are feeling better and are able to keep some fluids down now. I was sick last Wednesday night with the same thing, by mid day Thursday I was feeling much better. Thursday afternoon I was able to eat and drink no problem. I hope it is the same for you today. :grouphug:

First I'm on my Kindle so forgive any errors. I've been throwing up with diarreah since 11p.m. last night. Mostly every hour but a couple of times 3-4 times in one hour. The diarreah is just clear fluid at this point and the vomit is mostly bile though I did manage some gatoraide earlier that stayed down for about 30m.

At what point do I worry about dehydration? I just had my first dizzy spell a couple of minutes ago. There is still some urine though its a trickle. I rarely get sick and its been a long time since it was this bad.

My arms feel like lead and I can hardly keep my eyes open. I know dehydration can result in early labor so I want to stay on top of it.

Call your doc. I would think you need some IV fluids.

Hope you feel better!!!

I just checked ppwork from OBs office. It says if you haven't kept anything down for 24 h call. That will be 11 p.m. I'm drinking but it seems to come right back up or out the other way (most the time both) every 30 m to an hour.

The above is mentioned with morning sickness which I am way past and never had too badly. I know its a bug cause some of the kids have it.

Do you think its different with a bug or should I wait the 24 h?

I'd get checked out. You may need some i.v. fluids, for baby's sake and yours. I had to spend a couple days in hospital for the same thing - of course, I was carrying twins, so they were more cautious to begin with, but still - you don't want a pregnant mom getting dehydrated. Let Urgent Care or your local doctor make the call.