Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I know, I know, you're not supposed to tackle the weekend. But let me tell you a little secret. None of my work goes away as soon as Friday is over! I still have a list and I'm checking it at least twice. Join me if you have stuff to get done as well.

Clean the kitchen done

More laundry

Fix more pants? (All my pants were in bad shape. I'll be checking all my pants as they come out of the dryer.)

Zumba done

Dd11 - volunteer in a.m. done

Work on lesson planning

Pay next installment on dd's brain done

Put out kitchen garbage done

Send thank you cards for Christmas and birthday

Prep for Sunday school.

So far I have done two loads of laundry, made chili, cleaned and decluttered the kitchen counters, read aloud to the kids, reviewed root words cards and made a fabulous breakfast. :) (The kids do complain a bit about the reading aloud during break, but they comply.) More decluttering is in the near future, and I will make a trip out to run a couple of errands today. Thinking of making bread or cornbread to go with the chili.

The busy half of my day is already done! I got gas, vacuumed the car, and went to the grocery store, library, and post office. Then we ate lunch and I shipped most of the family off for the rest of the day. If I'm really lucky, I'll get no frantic phone calls or emails from anyone regarding the event I was planning (that I can't help with in person because I don't have the car). I'll practice reading with the son who is home, watching for birds in his new bird feeder, eating German pancakes for dinner, and generally having a nice five-year-old afternoon. I haven't had one of those in a very long time. I have to do the lunch dishes now before we get started though.

Well is is 11am and I am barely moving yet, I best be getting down to business or nothing will get done today

Today is big project day with some little things tossed in

• Sand livingroom walls (as in do not stop until finally finished, have dust masks now that will hopefully stop my asthma from flaring like it has done every other time I try to do that task) done
  • wash livingroom walls done
  • prime livingroom walls
  • clean kitchen
  • clean backroom done
  • laundry done
  • repair book that fell out of spine
  • clean bathroom
  • clean mstr bdrm(if there is time)
  • and most importantly take dd5 out on a mom date once livingroom is sanded and washed (as a reward for leaving mommy alone to work on it because she will have to be self entertaining for 2+ hours I am sure) done
  • oh and during breaks between everything work on the cross stitch I started yesterday, I should be able to finish it today done

So I bit off a bit more than I could chew today. The sanding posed an issue I had not thought of. Plaster dust covering every surface in the house. Now our dryer is broken so I have laundry drying on nearly every surface so all of it needs to be rewashed. The kitchen requires every knick knack, plant, cupboard door, and all the other such things that are out on counters to be washed, a whole sink of clean dishes to be rewashed etc because of the dust. It is nearly done, but I am too tired to keep going.

I am pretty happy to have finished the sanding, that was a huge task. The backroom also took more than double the length of time I thought it would. But at least it is done now.

The garbage can outside is filled to the brim, garbage day is not until Wed and I still have several rooms to go.

Cool thing discovered while washing livingroom walls. Back when I ripped out the hideous carpet I found a tile floor. I had planned to just put the laminate on top of the tiles. Well today I discovered that under those tiles is the original hardwood floor. So attempting to restore it is now added to my reno list. Instead of cleaning the bathroom I googled information on doing that.

Well onto Sunday and the things to be done then.

It is already 2:15pm here and I have been hard at work all day!

DONE:

~breakfast

~drive to friend's house to pick up extra newspaper for wrapping our decorations

~go to Michael's Craft store to buy wooden crates to use as ds' bookcase

~take down and pack up all inside Christmas decorations and trees

~discard Christmas tree in the woods behind our house

~lunch

IN PROGRESS:

~clean up the mess left behind by Christmas tree

~lug all these boxes and rubbermaid tubs out to the shed so dh can put them back in the attic when he gets home from his weekend backpacking trip

STILL HAVE TO DO:

~vacuum & sweep entire house

~dust

~return movie to Blockbuster

~shower & put on clean clothes--I think I have tree sap in my hair from taking the tree out of the living room

~dinner

~finish menu plan for January

~buy another pack of thank you notes

WOULD LIKE TO DO:

~work on Girl Scout financials

~finish reorganizing ds' room

~work on thank you notes

almost 4pm check-in. Hurt my back lifting the tree out of the stand...or maybe it was when I hoisted it over our back deck. Either way, my back is tweeked....hoping the mega dose of ibuprofen kicks in soon. I have too much left to do!

DONE:

~breakfast

~drive to friend's house to pick up extra newspaper for wrapping our decorations

~lunch

~lug all these boxes and rubbermaid tubs out to the shed so dh can put them back in the attic when he gets home from his weekend backpacking trip

IN PROGRESS:

~mop living room

STILL HAVE TO DO:

~dust

~shower & put on clean clothes--I think I have tree sap in my hair from taking the tree out of the living room

~dinner

~buy another pack of thank you notes

~meet friend at Walmart parking lot at 5:30 to pick up chocolate covered cherries that she made

~mail bday card to MIL

WOULD LIKE TO DO:

~work on thank you notes

6pm check-in. Back is still hurting...ibuprofen didn't even make a dent in the pain. I'm trying to just muddle through the evening and make it until the kids go to bed! I really hope it feels better in the morning. We definitely have to go to church in the morning because dd15 is teaching during the second hour of Sunday school.

DONE:

~breakfast

~lunch

~mop living room

~dust

~meet friend at Walmart parking lot at 5:30 to pick up chocolate covered cherries that she made

IN PROGRESS:

~dinner

STILL HAVE TO DO:

~shower & put on pj's--I think I have tree sap in my hair from taking the tree out of the living room

BUMPING TO TOMORROW'S LIST:

~buy another pack of thank you notes (forgot them while I was at Walmart this evening)

~mail bday card to MIL (but I can't find my book of stamps!)

WOULD LIKE TO DO:

~work on thank you notes

I hope you feel better, Jenn.

My 4 pm check - in:

Got my new cellphone "fixed" at RadioShack. Did you know that you can set a timer to beep every minute? I didn't and it was annoying!

Got new cordless phone batteries from Battery Plus. A new store that is pretty much just batteries and lightbulbs. . .

Got fixings for dinner tonight (sloppy joes) and lunch tomorrow (hoagies) at the grocery store.

The kids have written their thank yous. I guess I'd better write mine.

Today I

prepared breakfast

2 loads of laundry--folded and put away

Made another trip to the dump because our trash pickup came at 6:30 yesterday morning (uggg) they always come between 7:30-8:00. They were nice enough to get the trash out of the cans but I had a few boxes in the garage I wanted them to take, too. Anyway, we had one part of the garage that needed to be cleaned out so we did that this morning.

Grocery shopping

Played board games with the family--such a rarity these days! So glad we were all together and had time to play.

Prepared dinner

Wiped down kitchen

#1 did the dishes

Got #2 ready for bath--dh is giving him his bath

Tomorrow I hope to do very little!

9:15pm check-in.... I'm done for today. The younger kids are all in bed. DD15 went to see Les Mis in the movies with her grandpa. I am going to sit in the recliner (hoping it will help my back) and play on the ipad. Good night!

DONE:

~breakfast

~lunch

~mop living room

~dust

~dinner

~gave dd5 a bath so she's clean for church in the morning

~laid out church clothes for the little ones; ironed dd8's pants

~cleaned out dd8's drawers

~shower & put on pj's

~finish reorganizing ds' room (done, except for bookshelves that I need dh to secure tomorrow)

IN PROGRESS:

RELAXING!

STILL HAVE TO DO:

BUMPING TO TOMORROW'S LIST:

~buy another pack of thank you notes (forgot them while I was at Walmart this evening)

~mail bday card to MIL (but I can't find my book of stamps!)

~work on thank you notes