Menu

Who's going to Cincinnati in April?

OnTheBrink

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting excited about going to look at all the curriculum! Last year was my first year, and I wanted to look but didn't know alot and wasn't planning on buying anything. This year I plan to look AND buy! So question.......do most of the companies take credit cards, or will I need to bring a ton of cash?

Yup, they'll all take plastic. Your dd doesn't want to go? Has she thought about the teen track or hooking up with another friend there? My dd loves to go. She's not doing the teen track this year, because she did last year. There are other things she's interested in like the coupon lady, Jim Weiss, etc.

We have a private FB group for organizing the board get together. PM me and I'll connect you. :)

I really would like to go. Mainly to curriculum shop. I went to a conference in Illinois last year and enjoyed it and even went to see a few speakers.

Has anyone ever taken their kids with and done the children's conference? We were thinking about making it a vacation between Columbus and cinncinati for a few days each. I'm trying to decide if we should do that and have the kids do the optional kids conference, or just the two of us go and leave the kids with grandma for a couple days.

Yup, they'll all take plastic. Your dd doesn't want to go? Has she thought about the teen track or hooking up with another friend there? My dd loves to go. She's not doing the teen track this year, because she did last year. There are other things she's interested in like the coupon lady, Jim Weiss, etc.

We have a private FB group for organizing the board get together. PM me and I'll connect you. :)

Thanks, good to know about the credit cards!

Yeah, DD was bored last year for the most part. She said there were a few things she enjoyed, but since I really can only afford to drive up for the day, it just seemed best to leave her home and that way I can really focus on looking at what I want to.

I am getting excited about going to look at all the curriculum! Last year was my first year, and I wanted to look but didn't know alot and wasn't planning on buying anything. This year I plan to look AND buy! So question.......do most of the companies take credit cards, or will I need to bring a ton of cash?

I got an extra discount last year because one booth was low on small bills, so it might be worth it to bring a stack of cash too!

I'm planning to bring some cash too. One booth I bought from last year could take credit card, but had to use an app on their phone because they didn't want to pay the fee the convention center charged for internet--and they couldn't get a good signal inside the vendor hall, so they had to take my credit card (and another customer's...saved time) out to the loading dock where they could get a better signal. I trusted them, but it would be better not to have to do that. There was a food booth that couldn't take credit card for some reason, either. And then there's those little purchases of a couple dollars that don't seem worthwhile to use a credit card.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if CLE or Rod & Staff are going to have their products there available for sale? I saw that they will have booths, I just can't remember if they actually had books for sale last time!

At the Rod and Staff booth last year I was able to purchase my spelling programs. I'm not sure they had everything available or just that. I do remember that at the CLE booth I had to order my math programs so I'm pretty sure they don't have curriculum products available . . . though I do remember that some of their art books were available.

At the Rod and Staff booth last year I was able to purchase my spelling programs. I'm not sure they had everything available or just that. I do remember that at the CLE booth I had to order my math programs so I'm pretty sure they don't have curriculum products available . . . though I do remember that some of their art books were available.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...