Menu

Strange food craving. . .deficiency or just that time. . .and NO I"M NOT PREGNANT!!!!

So I've been craving MEXICAN food lately. I could eat it every day if I let myself. What's up with that. . .and to top it all off I have reflux so I really have to limit my spicy food intake or I am in serious pain.

So is there some kind of deficiency or is it just a weird craving cause it's almost that time of the month.

shell

So is there some kind of deficiency or is it just a weird craving cause it's almost that time of the month.

I vote for that time of the month. Some of us crave chocolate. Some of us simply want to stuff our faces. This month you want Mexican. :grouphug:

So I've been craving MEXICAN food lately. I could eat it every day if I let myself. What's up with that. . .and to top it all off I have reflux so I really have to limit my spicy food intake or I am in serious pain.

shell

If your diet is well-rounded then I'd definitely say it's the time of the month. I usually crave salty food (like chips and sauce) followed by something sweet (gummy bears) Yesterday I ate mexican food for lunch and supper...you are not alone!!

I have craved pizza for years, ever since I left NYC, 15 years ago, and haven't gotten a piece of really good pizza. And I will also go through periods where I can eat Mexican every night of the week (when we make veggie chili we make a huge pot of it, and eat it several nights in a row). If it isn't a specific food, I don't think it is a deficiency, I think it is your time of the month, or just that you're in the mood for it.

I crave Mexican food all the time, it doesn't matter what time of the month it is. Another great reason to live in Texas.

Amen! I love having the choice of several GOOD Mexican food restaurants to choose from. It's awfully embarassing when the waitress knows what the order is before you sit down....I like to spread it around a little so we're not quite so well known!

Here are my replys to everyone. . .

I want to stuff my face EVERY month, exactly what I want to stuff it with changes. . .some months chinese, some chocolate, some sugar in general, this month Mexican.

And have also heard that we crave what we can't have. . .when my reflux first got serious I wanted spaghetti and garlic bread so badly that I could have cried! Now it's Mexican

BTW, I did have it for lunch again today. . .maybe tomorrow I'll have a taco salad.

Thanks for helping me through this!

shell

You totally have my sympathy.

I craved pickles for months--got so intense, I'd go out in the middle of the night for them! And they had to be Claussen's mini pickles.

Now it's olives stuffed with garlic. MMMMM.....

I think mine might be related to folic acid needs. Are you taking a really good multivitamin?

I also crave Mickey D's if I eat some. How sick is that?

I rather have 5 Guys, now! :D:D