Menu

Hunger Games author lives in Newtown, CT

Laurie

Anyway, all that to say: Reya the way I read it you took unsinkable's comments in light of what the OP was saying and that might have made you connect her thoughts with those of the OP. I think she wasn't really saying that there was a connection between the massacre and the author living in Newton, but just pointing out that there may be reasons why somebody might mistakenly think so.

Except that it just doesn't work that way. The only way what she said makes any sense is if there was some kind of time warp or Newtown had some crazy in the water that affected both the HG author and the shooter.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because these bacon people obviously have a learning method called B-V. They can't process and learn about what the OP is trying to get across without visual communications about bacon. It's much like visual morse code if you will but it's bacon based.

They may be the last of their internet kind. Be kind to these Bacon-Visual people for they can be misunderstood just like the cupcake and kilt learners.

Could you type that in Bacon font, please?

48107451-5020-4F6C-9635-0A8133CA790D-2692-0000077EA5518BBD.jpg

Please, I am begging you, really seriously begging you to read what I actually wrote and not spin it around in order to mock me.

I am talking about Faulkner being from/or writing in the South and Joyce Carol Oates from western NY and Dashiell Hammett from San Francisco and Mark Twain from all over but what if he never set eyes on the Mississippi?

Yeah, duh. Who cares, I know. Someone already said that. And I think someone already rolled their eyes or maybe they glanced around sniggering.

I know I'm a joke...

I get your point, but I don't think it's applicable here. An excellent recent example would probably be Barbara Kingsolver's new novel, set in southern Appalachia. I don't think an outsider could have written it.

Collins was an army brat, and her dad served in Viet Nam. There is no connection I can see between her fiction works and her earlier upbringing and later life in CT. Even if there were, I don't think that's what the OP was getting at.