Menu

Heritage/Genealogical/Membership/Societies/Clubs- do you do any of this?

Bang!Zoom!

It's pretty interesting all the clubs, societies, associations that are out there. Different ways to join up; just through shared interests or other means. Do you belong to any?

I've been making lists and reading through some lately, just was curious to know if anyone else around here is a fan of these.

DAR has a children's part which is excellent if you have a group near you. Structured with great leadership opportunities in high school.

I was an active junior member (simply meant I was under 36) and really enjoyed myself. Stopped going after dcs were born. Due to lack of interest I have allowed my membership to lapse.

No, I don't qualify for some of the Colonial American ones, like DAR, but dd would. They are really active here, as you can imagine.

I am against masonry, even tho my parents met thru Rainbow and DeMolay, so that's out.

We can't afford the "country clubs" around here, but we do get to go with friends from time to time.

Next year, dd wants to do Cotillion, which is manners education and dances--that's fine with me. Dh was a little worried that it would be "hoity-toity," but that doesn't bother me.

My MIL is really into genology and DAR. All three of the small ones are members of CAR though we don't really attend any events, DH is a non-active member of SAR. I could be too if I cared, my Grandmother did the history of her side so I have most of the documentation I would need. My MIL actually volunteers at the local Mormon Temple's Geneology Center once a week and has for decades.