Menu

Moms know everything...all the time!

I was correcting DD's math today and noticed she didn't carry any numbers on her multiplication problems today. I didn't ask her if she used a calculator, I asked her "what calculator did you use to do your math?"

She asked " :confused1: How did you know?!?!" So, I told her moms know everything, all the time! hahahaha... score one for mom!

Then I explained that someday, she will get to use the calculator but she needs to understand how and why we do math by hand using the calculator in our brains first. Silly girl!

:laugh: My kids still look for the eyes in the back of my head some days.

I was working with a baby (I am a PT) who was the youngest of 4 in a homeschooling family so every week when I came, all the kids would alternate between trying to get my attention and doing their schoolwork. One day, while I was doing facilitation techniques on the baby and needed to keep my eyes on her, the little 5yo brother asked me to "please use the eyes in the back of my head" to watch him do something. I heard him doing something, said, "Wow, that was great!" and he was perfectly satisfied.