Menu

Holding my babies a little tighter - Prayers for another family tonight, please!

k2bdeutmeyer

So sad.....2 young (9yr and 11yr) girls (cousins) from about 45min north of me have been missing since July 13th. There really wasn't any evidence in the case and all the leads led to pretty much nothing. The local (to them) sheriff's dept just held a press conference and some hunters found 2 bodies in a wooded area. They wouldn't say whether they thought it was them or not - or even where the wooded area is, but everyone is assuming that it probably is the 2 missing girls. The bodies are on their way for identification. There is to be another press conference at 4pm tomorrow.

This was a rare case to begin with, because double abductions pretty much never happen. The fact that there was really no evidence or information was, obviously frustrating for everyone. I think, given the lack of information, people had remained more hopeful than maybe they would've otherwise that the girls would be found and reunited with their families. Just so, so sad. They were babies.....young girls.....out riding their bikes on a summer afternoon in a small town. Sigh.

Anyway, if you could spare a few prayers for their families tonight as they await news from the medical examiner.....I know it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest inoubliable

I just saw that on msnbc. :( I remember that case from the summer - one of the little girls has the same name and same age as one of my nieces.

Nothing official has been announced yet.....the press conference is scheduled to be at 4pm, but the mother of one of the girls posted this on Facebook this morning:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

We knew when our girls went missing that would be two outcomes unfortunately this is not the one that we wanted but we know our girls our dancing up with our savior.We know that he will continue to be with us giving us strength and comfort always.

Thank you for all your support and prayers and continued prayers. Please understand if I do not respond to your FB messages right away we have be over loaded with them, welcomed just alot to go thru.

Thank You, all our Love The Collins Family"