Menu

Can't stand it, must post. (horse related)

Remudamom

Wow. I can't imagine. I am still working on fast trotting WITH a bridle and saddle! (I have a tendency to let my heels go up when I'm not concentrating. I'm getting better. I'm also learning to work with split reins with one hand.) I absolutely love horses! You should post a picture of yourself riding.

Wow. I can't imagine. I am still working on fast trotting WITH a bridle and saddle! (I have a tendency to let my heels go up when I'm not concentrating. I'm getting better. I'm also learning to work with split reins with one hand.) I absolutely love horses! You should post a picture of yourself riding.

I'm going to make a video as soon as I'm convinced that the horse is going to stay between me and the ground.

Did my first bridleless/saddleless session today on my mare KB. I'm no Stacey Westfall, but we successfully worked on walk, trot, whoa and turning. It was a blast! Hopefully future sessions will not land me in ER.

Remudamom,

I used to work with a trainer to accomplish that with my horse as well as being able to work though a showmanship/halter routine without the halter, when I was in my late teens. The thought of jumping on a horse without saddle or bridle now at my advanced age sends shivers of terror down my spine. I commend your fearlessness. On the other hand, the ability to communicate with your horse without physical tools other than touch is a truly amazing experience. Have a blast.

Can't stand it, must post. (horse related)

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

I am a little slow, but good one, Remudamom.

I used a humorous speech for speech team in high school about a woman's first riding lesson.

The instructor yells, "Post, post!"

"I looked around. I couldn't see any post to hang on to."