Menu

Great Courses Holiday Countdown

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, you helpful enablers. I just got My Favorite Universe for 4.95 using the 10.00 off code and I think the 73821.

I am so proud of myself!

Upon reading elegantlion's post, I rushed to the TC website, eager to buy the course, read the reviews - and remembered that I had bought Fillipenko's Intro to Astronomy just before Christmas (not for myself, of course, but to use for DS for school). I figure 96 astronomy lectures should suffice, right? So, I exited the website without purchasing the Favorite Universe.

I am so proud of myself!

Upon reading elegantlion's post, I rushed to the TC website, eager to buy the course, read the reviews - and remembered that I had bought Fillipenko's Intro to Astronomy just before Christmas (not for myself, of course, but to use for DS for school). I figure 96 astronomy lectures should suffice, right? So, I exited the website without purchasing the Favorite Universe.

Yesterday I was all set to buy Black Holes for my son, until I realized that most of the content on that set of lectures is on the 96-lecture Astronomy one we have!

Quick, go buy some more so you can report back before the forums shut down...

Thank you, everyone!

With the codes from this thread (the last two codes that begin with 7- I tried whichever

one would give a lower price) and the last

coupon code from this thread (p something--I cut and pasted from a few posts up), got:

Voltaire and Triumph of Enlightenment $6 Digital Audio

Alexander the Great and the Hellenistic Age $15 DVD

Early Middle Ages $8 Digital Audio

Famous Romans $5 Digital Audio

Ethics of Aristotle $5 Digital Audio

Legacies of Great Economists $6 Digital Audio

History of U.S Economy in 20th Century $5 Digital Audio

Analysis & Critique: How to Write $25 Digital Video

Building Great Sentences $20 Digital Video

REMEMBER to check out multiple times so you can reuse the coupon code if your

courses are on the inexpensive side. As of an hour ago the coupon still worked.

Thank you again for posting! The two writing courses fill a big gap in

our English curriculum, so this was super helpful!

I will not type "theteachingcompany.com" into the browser, I will not type "theteachingcompany.com" into the browser, I will not type "theteachingcompany.com" into the browser, .......

Brutal I tell you, brutal.

Gack, I want to order more, but I'm going to end up draining the checkbook of grocery money if I keep it up.

Faith

Same here! I had to scramble to find my login information last night because I hadn't ordered in several years. I thought I'd missed the boat when the deadline of Dec. 11 from my latest catalog passed and I hadn't ordered, but thanks to the hive I was able to get three titles at a great price. Would have posted my brag (and thanks) last night, but the downtime for maintenance got in the way. Had an e-mail this morning that my order shipped this morning. :hurray:

Hello,

My name is Faith. I am an addict. I am not on the wagon. I fear that I may never be. I have no self-control whatsoever and just spent another $65.00 because someone posted a $10.00 off priority code in this thread and it still worked. I am weak and I know it.

My children will hate me. They have NO idea what my latest purchases mean for the bending of their brain cells. My sons are to be pitied.

Faith the weakling

Hello,

My name is Faith. I am an addict. I am not on the wagon. I fear that I may never be. I have no self-control whatsoever and just spent another $65.00 because someone posted a $10.00 off priority code in this thread and it still worked. I am weak and I know it.

My children will hate me. They have NO idea what my latest purchases mean for the bending of their brain cells. My sons are to be pitied.

Faith the weakling

So tell us: what did you buy?

Same here! I had to scramble to find my login information last night because I hadn't ordered in several years. I thought I'd missed the boat when the deadline of Dec. 11 from my latest catalog passed and I hadn't ordered, but thanks to the hive I was able to get three titles at a great price. Would have posted my brag (and thanks) last night, but the downtime for maintenance got in the way. Had an e-mail this morning that my order shipped this morning. :hurray:

:scared: How has a woman of your intellectual capacity allowed this sad state of affairs to occur? :D

I am in awe of your self-restraint and wish I had more of it.

:scared: How has a woman of your intellectual capacity allowed this sad state of affairs to occur? :D

I am in awe of your self-restraint and wish I had more of it.

lol...it's a long, sad story. Short version is that I've spent a lot of the last four years learning about applied land use law which kept me pretty busy. Also, about midway through high school DH threw up his hands in surrender and told me to order whatever we needed to get ds through high school. I made...ahem...a rather large TC order. It arrived all at once, and there were enough boxes to make the UPS man look twice even though he'd gotten used to unloading our curriculum boxes over the years. That order kept us busy for awhile. :coolgleamA:

Meanwhile, I have been very disciplined with buying for my Kindle for the past two years and hope that I won't get too carried away. FWIW, in just over six hours I will be able to justify downloading one of the texts recommended for The Persian Empire :drool5: . The price is reasonable and I'll even have some of January's Kindle budget left over. Now that we are free from the constraints of dial-up I'm going to consider TC downloads and an external hard drive. :D

So tell us: what did you buy?

I bought the "God and Mankind" comparative religion lectures and Einstein's Theory of Relativity and the Quantum Revolution.

Now, my youngest, "Mr. Math", will be excited about the second one. The others will MOAN. The eldest boy, a history lover, will be just fine with the first while the other two boys wail and gnash teeth. But, all of this is directly due to the fact that I have collected ALL of their Shakespeare courses and have been feeling a strong pull to begin studying the dear bard in earnest beginning with some serious discussion of his sonnets. I'm also spending the month of January on Romeo and Juliet which will be followed by seeing a performance at our closest Center for the Arts which is offering a very nice student rate on tickets. To add insult to the injuries against their manly egos, we are going to this performance on Valentine's Day and they are being required to wear their suits. By my calculations, this will be the best Valentine's Day ever. By their calculations, it will be the apocalypse!

In addition to this, I've purchased the oceanography course and have located a nice text and some additional reading to go with it plus some Discovery Channel, Nova, and National Geographic videos as well as NG articles. I'm working up a full credit course which is taking some time for me to pull together and produce the lesson planning for, but will endear me to the middle boy...the zoologist, biologist, herpetologist wanna be...his brothers are begging to be let off and I'll consider it since they both have science electives in astronomy and geology planned.

Earlier in the month, I purchased "The Life and Writings" of C.S. Lewis and dh, an absolute Lewis nut, has decided to listen to these on audio download in the evenings with the boys - (this makes me very happy because I might carve out a few minutes to work on a quilt while they are all occupied), and at some point, we'll get going on Homer's Odyssey since I picked up the Vandiver lectures.

It is a very good thing that December is about to expire along with its incidious daily deals!

Faith

Ordered Great Battles of the Ancient World, Discrete Mathematics and Joy of Mathematics set, and Calculus. The Battles are new to all of us the the math courses are refreshers for DH and me. Kiddos can use them when they're older.

Timer on the GC home page says less than 3 minutes to go for the sale!