Menu

How strongly do you feel that your religion/church is the right/true one?

Veritaserum

How strongly do you feel that your religion/church is the right/true one?  

331 members have voted

1. 1. How strongly do you feel that your religion/church is the right/true/best one?

• I know it is the right/true/best religion/church for everyone and I wish everyone realized this.
    • I'm pretty sure, but I wouldn't say that I know it is the right/true/best religion/church. I think it's better than any other option available.
    • It's the right/true/best religion/church for me, but it isn't necessarily that for other people.
    • I don't believe that any religion/church is more right/true/good than any other. Each person must decide that for him/herself.
    • I know that all religion/churches are bad for everyone and I wish everyone realized this.
    • Other.
  2. 2. Do you still believe/attend the same religion/church that you did in your family of origin?

• Yes because I believe it.
    • Yes because it's expected by my family, but I don't believe any or part of the teachings.
    • No because I don't believe it and I found a religion/church that suits me better.
    • No because I don't believe it and I did not find a new religion/church.
    • Other.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see from the comments that many people answered based on a general category like Christian. I should have worded things more carefully that I mean specific denominations (e.g. Roman Catholic, Methodist, etc.). Who has the "right" (or the most right) answers?

The church I grew up in presents its doctrine as more true than any other presentation. I'm aware of at least some other denominations who have the same black-and-white presentation. I'm wondering how common that is.

That is true of the church where I grew up. It is not true of the church I attend now as an adult, although there are certain churches viewed as having "less truth" than ours. A lot of other churches are viewed as "different flavors".

I should say that the church I left was a cult-ish fundamentalist church and the church I am in now is considered conservative evangelical.