Menu

Hobbit Movie

SquirrellyMama

Why doesn't he think it would work? Is your dd the type to go to bed early? Is he afraid she won't be able to stay awake, or maybe you won't? I know a lot of people who go to the midnight showings, and then go off to school/work the next day. I don't see a problem w/ it, unless you know you will both be too exhausted to function the next day, or that you would sleep through the whole movie.

My Dh wouldn't like it because we would have to go into the city late at night (we live ~35 min from the theater). He wouldn't mind if it was in our little town though...

I can't stand waiting in line or the crowds. We always enjoy the movies a week or so later after they come out and our kids do too.

Why doesn't he think it would work? Is your dd the type to go to bed early? Is he afraid she won't be able to stay awake, or maybe you won't? I know a lot of people who go to the midnight showings, and then go off to school/work the next day. I don't see a problem w/ it, unless you know you will both be too exhausted to function the next day, or that you would sleep through the whole movie.

My Dh wouldn't like it because we would have to go into the city late at night (we live ~35 min from the theater). He wouldn't mind if it was in our little town though...

I can't stand waiting in line or the crowds. We always enjoy the movies a week or so later after they come out and our kids do too.

I'm not sure what he things won't work. Maybe it is the fact that I have to work the next morning but I can usually function on one night of no sleep. We also have to drive about 35 minutes to the theater. I'm hoping to buy advance tickets. Will we still have a long wait do you think? We'll stop by Starbucks on the way.

What time would you get to the theater for the 12am showing on the first night? I've never done this before. I thought she'd love this gift for Christmas.

Kelly

We did a midnight show for The Hunger Games and I was useless the next day. My 13 yo dd did stay awake for the movie but fell asleep driving home. I'm thinking a 10am show on opening day works better for us. Also there are a lot of rowdy teens at midnight shows- would that bother your 11yo?

I don't think rowdy teens would bother her. I think she'll feel very grown up. I can see me being useless the next day. Luckily, I'm not doing anything at work that requires much thought. It is also only a three hour shift.

I'm nervous about buying the tickets ahead of time in case someone gets sick. These are IMAX tickets so they are even more expensive than the regular theater. Not a lot of seating there so I need to get them soon I think.

I hate making decisions so far in advance. This is why my dh is the engineer :)

Kelly

I LOVE midnight showings. There's an excitement there. The kids and I have gone into town, bought tickets then left to have dinner and gone back to camp out in line. My dh laughs. I think he figures better me than him! My only problem is the kids won't dress up with me. Duds.

I said to my dd, "There might be some weird people there. You know, the kind that dress up as hobbits." She said, "Mom, that's not weird." She wants to dress up :) Maybe we'll find some elf ears.

Kelly