Menu

What is it with eBay sellers lately?!

BlueTaelon

Last month the "great condition" parka for dd6 was actually fair at best (it was really worn out) and today my NWOT parka showed up. I was really excited because while the seller had no idea what she had, I did. Its an LL Bean Rugged Ridge Parka which is $189, i got it for $20 plus shipping. Awesome deal right?

I REALLY want to send this to the seller:

The jacket finally arrived today (19 days after auction end and I paid for priority, it went parcel post) and was described as " I got this as a gift but I didn't try it on and realized it didn't fit after I took the tags off. Only worn once or twice."

I would have listed it as this:

I've been worn a season or 3 my issues are as follows, I have wear to the cuffs where my cloth has worn down to the elastic in a place or three in tiny spots and I have black dirt marks on the cuff edges which show I have been worn quite a bit. My left outer sleeve has 2 small holes where it looks like I got snagged by an industrial staple. On my inside iPod pocket I have a large L shaped tear about 1 inch on each side. My Velcro along the front wind flap needs a good cleaning as I'm full of red and white lint and small animal hair, I also have the same white small animal hair on my inner collar which also has piling. I also have many pressure wear marks along my draw stings showing I've been loved by my previous owner. My final issue is that I can't decide if I smell like I've been stored in a pet store or a tire shop as I smell a bit of both tire and rat cage so I need a really good washing from my new owner. On the plus side I have no stains or fading!

---------

The coat is worth the $20 I paid for it but I'm ticked that it was described as basically NWOT when its not. I HATE when people misrepresent items, this wasn't a single issue where they missed a snag or something but a full out misrepresentation:( I'm very honest in listing everything wrong and I look at it with an eagle eye to make sure I don't miss anything, even minor stuff and I expect the same from other sellers. Is that unreasonable?

Can you take pictures, send them to the seller, and ask for a refund of both your shipping costs and of the purchase price? If not then you'll file a complaint with Ebay and with Paypal if you used them?

(Don't know if that would work or not.)

Its worth what I paid and I'm willing to take the time to clean it up and repair it (I NEED this jacket or I'm going to freeze my butt off), my beef is that it was misrepresented and deciding do I leave neg or neutral FB. I'm also miffed at the lack of seller communication, I asked for the tracking # 3-4 times and never got it even when she replied telling me it actually shipped several days later then she said it would. I finally figured she must not have gotten tracking, it did come with tracking so I wasted several trips to the PO looking for it.

Its worth what I paid and I'm willing to take the time to clean it up and repair it (I NEED this jacket or I'm going to freeze my butt off), my beef is that it was misrepresented and deciding do I leave neg or neutral FB. I'm also miffed at the lack of seller communication, I asked for the tracking # 3-4 times and never got it even when she replied telling me it actually shipped several days later then she said it would. I finally figured she must not have gotten tracking, it did come with tracking so I wasted several trips to the PO looking for it.

I would rate the seller that the item was not as described and had to be cleaned and repaired.

Ugh! I sell on ebay and this kind of thing irks me so much! Especially now that ebay changed the amount of pictures you can put up for free. It used to be one picture free, then 10 cents a pic after that. Now they let you have 9 free! There is no excuse not to take tons of pics to show the condition. I do on my auctions, with notes in the description so people know exactly what they get.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.... Twice! That just stinks. Ya know, I think it is going around because I sold something today and received a note from the buyer to please make sure I pack the item well as he's received something recently that was damaged. I reassured him that I packed it to the best of my ability and let me know when it arrives safely.

Hope you can clean your jacket up nicely. Maybe next time ask for more pictures? I don't know if that would help though if the seller truly is trying to be deceiptful.

People shrugging off things like this and NOT leaving negative feedback (at least) is what keeps these sellers active and happy...

I left negative feedback not too long ago when a "like new" textbook arrived (was sent) super late and with plenty of highlighting. I kind of think the buyer bought a lesser condition book after he got my payment and kept the profit. I'd have returned it for a refund, but my kiddo needed the book for his college class and it was already after class had started when the book arrived (bought a month earlier). I left negative feedback so others could be warned. I also e-mailed the seller, but of course, never heard back from them.

I'm very honest in listing everything wrong and I look at it with an eagle eye to make sure I don't miss anything, even minor stuff and I expect the same from other sellers. Is that unreasonable?

I don't think it's unreasonable and I do the same thing.

I would leave negative feedback for receiving an item that was not as described in the listing and for the poor communication. IMO it doesn't matter that the item is worth the amount you spent for it. It was misrepresented. If you don't call the seller out about this, it will just continue to happen.

I heard back from the seller, she hit the roof and swears it only worn 3 days on a trip 3 or 4 years ago and its been sitting in a rubbermaid bin since and was pretty ticked off. She feels I have been "been fairly impossible to please", is it that difficult to send the buyer tracking info when asked and make sure you go over your item with a fine tooth comb before listing? I found all that in 30 seconds flat, I could understand if she wrote back apologizing saying she had cataracts or something which mess with her vision so she missed it but the response I got was not nice. I hate leaving negs, I have a lot of FB with no negs or neutrals, I always worry about them buying something I list then negging me just in retaliation since they can't do it via FB anymore. Paranoid I know:(

That's frustrating for sure. I think I'd have to leave something in the feedback.

I have sold a LOT this last month. One of the items was my older iMac. I didn't realize the iSight camera wasn't functioning properly (haven't really used the computer in a year).

Well, my buyer contacted me, priced a replacement and asked me to pay half the purchase price. I paid her double what she requested because I had missed it, and I felt terribly. I also know I would've been upset if I had received an item that was misrepresented, even if unintentionally.

There is no excuse for that seller's behavior.

I would definitely leave negative feedback. Her response was ridiculous.