Menu

Miniature Christmas Villages?

I have quite a few pieces of Dept. 56's Dickens Village. It all started when Mr. Ellie bought Bob Cratchit's Cottage many years ago, and then I discovered that Dept. 56 had a 12 Days of Christmas series of figures. I love 12 Days of Christmas stuff. :-) So now I have all of that series, plus some odds and ends of Charles Dickens figures. Most everything I bought on e-bay in the summer, and some things at random shops.

I have no room for anything else, though. I have just enough room on the top of my buffet and one shelf in the china cabinet for what I have. I am finished. :-)

I have a Colonial Williamsburg village and I love it. Unfortunately, it's elsewhere this year so I have to do w/o it. I may have to let it go, as moving it here will be complicated and setting it up w/ the different electricity difficult. Sigh.... I love that thing.

Our village is stained glass. It's no longer being made, so we try to pick up a piece every year on ebay. It looks so pretty all lit up! I'd upload a picture but I have no idea how with the new forums. Here's a link to one of the houses from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forma-Vitrum-Vitreville-SH32A-PASTORS-PLACE-COA-Signed-2582-MIB-/320981164251?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abbf7e0db

I don't really collect...as I would guess a collection would all be from the same design. Mine are from several collections, and I use the smaller scale ones to add "forced perspective" when decorating. I blame it all on Plasticville and the trainsets of my youth. :hurray: