Menu

how to clean the shower

We moved a year ago to an area that must really have some interesting water. I cannot keep the soap scum and hard water stains off my shower tile or door. I've tried tilex, kaboom, scrubbing bubbles, comet, cornstarch paste, and a bunch of others. Any secrets here??? I really want to get this cleaner....

You can't get it clean? Or you can't keep it clean? I would have tried things you've already mentioned to get it clean: Comet or Scrubbing Bubbles. Once it is clean, I heard car wax on the doors and tile walls helps repel the water & thus the stains. Never tried it, but heard about it lots! Just don't get it on the floor of the shower or someone may fall!

there was a recent thread on here about this. It said to heat vinegar, mix it 1:1 with blue dawn dish detergent in a spray bottle, spray it on, let it sit for hours, then brush while rinsing. I tried it and it works wonders. However, my dawn is concentrated and was crazy bubbly! So get regular, not concentrated. Since then or maybe in the same thread I read to use a Magic Eraser. Sure enough, I bought the heavy duty version and I wipe the shower down when done showering. That keeps it clean. Now I have one in the tub too. Before that I always squeegeed the shower. Now I just "dry" it with the Magic Eraser and squeeze and rinse the eraser as needed. My shower is white tile with white grout and a plastic pan.