Menu

Xpost: Excellent, Cheap Get 'er Done Art Program

WishboneDawn

Can't believe I forgot about it....Creativity Express.

I used this with my daughter years ago and just signed my son up for it. It's an online program. My son watches videos, does a few interactive activities and gets some assignments for the lesson to do at the kitchen table. All his progress, quiz scores, etc. are recorded online and there are additional lesson plan PDFs availible for download if you want to enrich a lesson.

And it's under $15 for a one student for one year!

It's not superficial and has a lot of depth if you're using if for kids in the logic and grammar stages.

My daughter loved it years ago and my son enjoyed his first lesson today.

Is it really pretty independent (the hands-on parts)? :)

From what I remember (we're not very far in this time) the instructions are on the website after the student is done the lesson part and they're directed at the student. For yesterdays art activity I just had to make sure the supplies were ready for Harry. After the hands-on bit is done you can scan it or take a picture and upload it to their gallery as well.

Edited by WishboneDawn

What age is this for?

I think it's pretty flexible and probably depends on the child. While there's certainly enough depth for older students in their teens they might be turned off by the cartoon characters. A young non-reader could do it as there's audio with most of the lessons. Probably 7 to 12? Best just to check it out and see if it's a good match.