Menu

dryer balls - do they work?

If you use these and like them, what kind do you use?

Plastic or wool?

Brand?

How much noise do they make?

I have a friend who uses plastic ones the size of tennis balls and they sound like someone trying to kick a hole in the dryer! Does the noise depend on how big the load is?

I love mine! They are Nellie's brand plastic. Yes, they are a bit noisy but my machine is in the basement, so we don't hear it. They are supposed to last for 2 years, which is how long I've had them, and I am just thinking about replacing them. If you miss the dryer sheet scent, Nellie's has little fragrance sticks that are inserted into the balls for that purpose.

HTH,

On the rare occasion I'm drying something synthetic and prone to static electricity, I use a wadded up ball of aluminum foil. Does the trick every time.

Edited by nmoira

On the rare occasion I'm drying something synthetic and prone to static electricity, I used a wadded up ball of aluminum foil. Does the trick every time.

Now there's a brilliant idea. Why didn't I think of that? The only time I want to use a fabric sheet is when I'm drying fleece or quick-dry clothes. I've been just dealing with the static because I don't by the sheets (no real reason...just don't).