Menu

UPromise???

I use it. I registered my cards, use their coupons, and occasionally buy through them. I tend to use ebates more but in the time I have done it I have $100 in there without any effort really. Not much I know, but for doing almost nothing it is still $100. If I didn't use ebates I would have a WHOLE lot more in there.

I don't trust them, even after their deal with the FTC earlier this year over misleading statements, privacy breaches and data handling issues. Enough companies track me already. Why would I hand all my purchasing info over to a single entity not party to the transaction just for the heck of it?

My kids have both been signed up since they were babies and we've earned maybe a whopping $100 per child in all that time. And, we put everything on our credit card (which is linked to our upromise accounts). And, my parents also have their credit cards tied to our acounts. If I fill my tank with gas at a qualifying gas station, I might earn 1 or 2 cents.

Lisa

We've also had an account since ds was little. We have a whopping 37.00 or something, most of which was from purchasing a washer and dryer over a decade ago.

Most of their benefits come from places/options we don't have available. So, it's really of little benefit to us. I check in on it every once in a while, but it never seems like a process that will work for us. I'm wondering if I can get his money out when the time comes. It might buy a pencil or two, maybe a college t-shirt or something.