Menu

Gift ideas that encourage the neighbors to come over

Last year we got the boys 4 laser tag guns. They hadn't asked for them but they were the best thing ever. When friends come over they inevitably come out. It keeps them off the Wii. It gets them outside. The kids have lots of fun. Now they want 2 more because often there are 5 -6 kids here and they don't have enough guns!

I want to make my house a place where the neighborhood kids come to hang out. I'd prefer them here than the kids elsewhere as they get older. Any other ideas like this one? We have airhockey and electronic basketball. They hardly get touched sadly.

BTW most of these kids are in the 7-10yrs range.

We don't have a lot of neighbor kids and we like it that way! :tongue_smilie:

We do have an above ground 24' pool, 2.5 acres with woods to play airsoft, a zipline, a tree swing, and in the house we have a pingpong table, a table for board games and such.

My older two aren't big outdoors kids. They love playing board games though! My oldest can play for hours, I am even trying to get him in a club even though it is 15 miles away because he plays those long involved strategy games.

Last year we got the boys 4 laser tag guns. They hadn't asked for them but they were the best thing ever. When friends come over they inevitably come out. It keeps them off the Wii. It gets them outside. The kids have lots of fun. Now they want 2 more because often there are 5 -6 kids here and they don't have enough guns!

I want to make my house a place where the neighborhood kids come to hang out. I'd prefer them here than the kids elsewhere as they get older. Any other ideas like this one? We have airhockey and electronic basketball. They hardly get touched sadly.

BTW most of these kids are in the 7-10yrs range.

No real ideas - but the first thing when I saw the title and your screen name was "brownies, of course"!

We don't have a lot of neighbor kids and we like it that way! :tongue_smilie:

We do have an above ground 24' pool, 2.5 acres with woods to play airsoft, a zipline, a tree swing, and in the house we have a pingpong table, a table for board games and such.

My older two aren't big outdoors kids. They love playing board games though! My oldest can play for hours, I am even trying to get him in a club even though it is 15 miles away because he plays those long involved strategy games.

I'd be glad we had a club that interested the kids only 15 miles away, :tongue_smilie:

I've got one that loves to be inside...and one that doesn't. THey like board games too.

To the OP, I agree with things to build a fort and food :D

We just have a LOT of balls. The ones from the big bins at Target. The kids play 4-square, dodgeball, kickball - they make up games. We rarely have fewer than 8 kids here any given afternoon. I keep solo cups for water for everyone and they play hard! I love it. Everyone knows our house is the curse free zone and everyone has to be allowed to play. The ages range from 6 - 12 and they usually get along well.

In the summer we had waterballons but they make a big mess.

How about a regular outdoor basketball hoop? You can get them on portable stands, which seem to work great. I also like some of the ideas others' had - the zip line and a fort. Just imagine a game of "capture the flag" complete with laser tag, a zip line & fort. Awesome!