Menu

Looky what I made!

Remember when I was looking for something to pass the time and you all suggested crocheting/knitting?? Well, I taught myself to crochet last week (or was it the week before?).

I decided I had enough skill to start a basic blanket for the baby yesterday morning. I worked on it all day to distract myself from the nausea/vomiting and I'm so excited at how far it's come (it's about 38" wide)!

Just wanted to share (please ignore DD's Halloween costume in the background - it just came in the mail yesterday) :)

P.S. Will I be able to add a cute scalloped border or something when I'm done??

post-14952-13535087749029_thumb.jpg

post-14952-13535087749029_thumb.jpg

Lovely! Great job!

Yes, you can add a border when it's done. If you find out it's a girl, it can be ruffly (is that a word?) and if it's a boy, do a scallop. There are lots of places on line to show you how do that. Otherwise, ask here, and we can show you where to find it.

P.S. Will I be able to add a cute scalloped border or something when I'm done??

Yes, you can. Just do a single crochet all the way around the blanket and then find a shell or fan stitch pattern to use. It's actually not hard. YOu tube has a lot of great videos. You'll just have to count your stitches before you start on each row and see what your shell placement will look like. You may have to adjust it here and there to make the corners flow right. It just takes a little practice, but it's easy to frog (remove stitches) if need be

Good luck! It looks great so far! I too taught myself using Youtube. My nieces have asked me to teach them and thought I'd been doing this for a while...nope I said. Just a couple of years, lol. I've done about 12 blankets in the last 2 years! :D