Menu

other interavtive sites like starfall?

momma aimee

are there other websites (even if the cost a little, not a lot) that are interactive on the computer for kids, like starfall. especially that are easy to use

Big is loving the little bit of "on the computer" he gets to do now he did an hour of starfall this morning. i did start him at the start so it was pretty easy for him most of that hour.

I'd let him to do more if it was really him doing it (that is interacting with) and not it giving me work sheets and lesson plan ideas and so on.

:lurk5:

I think it's totally worth subscribing to moreStarfall.com. They have lots of fun math games. My 4 and 6 year old love-love-love it!

We're also currently enamored with Reading Eggs. My 6 yr. old BEGS for it (she loves "shopping" in the store to buy stuff for her "house.") I signed up for the 14 day free trial and found codes to extend the free time up to 68 days, LOL. You're allowed to use 2 codes for each child's account (so use the longest lasting codes). My girls love it enough that we'll be paying for it (once you do a trial, they'll start sending you offers...my current offer is 12 months for the price of 6....which I'll probably cave on!)

I think it's totally worth subscribing to moreStarfall.com. They have lots of fun math games. My 4 and 6 year old love-love-love it!

We're also currently enamored with Reading Eggs. My 6 yr. old BEGS for it (she loves "shopping" in the store to buy stuff for her "house.") I signed up for the 14 day free trial and found codes to extend the free time up to 68 days, LOL. You're allowed to use 2 codes for each child's account (so use the longest lasting codes). My girls love it enough that we'll be paying for it (once you do a trial, they'll start sending you offers...my current offer is 12 months for the price of 6....which I'll probably cave on!)

Where did you find codes to extend the free time? :bigear: I just signed up today for the 14 day trial and DD really liked it. And the offers they are sending you...is it less than the price at HSBC? (I'm guessing the offer you got is half off, is that right?)

Where did you find codes to extend the free time? :bigear: I just signed up today for the 14 day trial and DD really liked it. And the offers they are sending you...is it less than the price at HSBC? (I'm guessing the offer you got is half off, is that right?)

Here's the codes (Reading Eggs will let you use 2 per kiddo b/f it cuts you off...):

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/61942

And the offer I have right now is $49.95 for 6 months + 6 free months, and then 50% off ea. additional child's add-on subscription.

Here's the codes (Reading Eggs will let you use 2 per kiddo b/f it cuts you off...):

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/61942

And the offer I have right now is $49.95 for 6 months + 6 free months, and then 50% off ea. additional child's add-on subscription.

Thank you!! This will give us some time to play with it before we decide to purchase. And it sounds like the deals are better than HSBC. :)

Thanks for this thread! I've also wondered what Reading Eggs was, but never looked into it. I signed up for a free trial and my son is chugging along right now. I like that they have a placement test, too.

I didn't think the placement test was that accurate, though. My 6 yr old was placed on Map 5, but she has really benefitted from starting at #1.... That level was wayyyyy to hard for her.:confused:

I didn't think the placement test was that accurate, though. My 6 yr old was placed on Map 5, but she has really benefitted from starting at #1.... That level was wayyyyy to hard for her.:confused:

It seems to have gotten him sorted out okay. He just completed his first lesson and it seemed to be just challenging enough to keep him interested and not discouraged.

My 4yog really likes ABCmouse.com

Susan in TX

:iagree:My oldest just pointed out ABCmouse.com to me the other day as a suggestion for his little brother :). I was getting ready to sign my little one up for Starfall.com, but this offers so much more! We just went over it with my oldest and just as I was signing up for the free month with monthly subscription, they offered us the annual membership for $59.95. I got that instead :D! Looks really cool! I think my almost 4 year old will love it!

Edited by Guest