Menu

Guess what I did today...

So, ummm, where's my invitation to come over and enjoy the fruits of YOUR labors??? ;)

Wow, I'm impressed! Wish I could share some love with you, you deserve it girl! But wait, you still haven't cleaned my bathroom! Or was it the laundry room? Ehh, just make it the whole house!:001_smile:

So, ummm, where's my invitation to come over and enjoy the fruits of YOUR labors??? ;)

Wow, I'm impressed! Wish I could share some love with you, you deserve it girl! But wait, you still haven't cleaned my bathroom! Or was it the laundry room? Ehh, just make it the whole house!:001_smile:

I'll be right over!!

I'll be right over!!
Wow, I wish that was for real! Wouldn't be nice to have someone just "be right over" when you need your house cleaned up?!

Thanks for the offer!:001_wub: Truly, I'm proud of you and all the hard work! It must feel good to accomplish all that!

(I wouldn't know!) :tongue_smilie:

I pitted 20 pounds of cherries to dry and make fruit leather! My fingers are stained black!! We have also frozen 45 quart-bags of raspberries this week. I just love "harvest" season!!!

Did you grow these in your yard? Wow, I'm impressed. We planted some berry bushes, grape vines and fruit trees last year, but it takes a few years before they start producing. I can't wait. We didn't get to have a vegetable garden this year because last year the deer ate most of it. We thought our four foot fence would keep them out, but they just jumped right in. So, we have to construct a much taller fence, and dh was way too busy to get around to it this year. Next year, though, we'll be back in business with a huge garden. I am looking forward to it.

That sounds delicious. My ds loves cherries and I'm way into raspberries. I just love raspberry tea. :grouphug: We should trade...we have about a bazillion-million red plums almost ready.

I pitted 20 pounds of cherries to dry and make fruit leather! My fingers are stained black!! We have also frozen 45 quart-bags of raspberries this week. I just love "harvest" season!!!

Man, Mindy! You've got me beat (said with much jealousy).

You are wearing the badge of a hardworker w/ those stained hands. Last year I viewd hours of Rick Steves' travel videos while processing and freezing 2 bushels of peaches. My fingernails and hands were stained for a good month. I felt like a mechanic who has those "no matter how I scrub they won't come out" type of stained hands.

I've only done a few quarts of raspberries (we had a spring freeze that may have damaged our raspberry blossoms, thus a funky crop so far) and 10 gallons of strawberries.

I'm set on canning tomatoes this year, however!

Good for you, Mindy (virtual pat on the back).

Blessings,

Camy

Mindy, Be careful, it sounds like you're doing an awful lot of things of s*bst*nc*! Gotta be careful of that, remember! ;) but, of course, cleaning my house is NOT s*bst*nc*, so that's okay to do! :D

Hey, next time you do all this can you invite me over? The drive would be worth it to learn how to do all that! :)

I aspire to do such things....but I am just toooooo dang lazy! 1.gif <- me, while you were pitting cherries....LOL
Hey, who took that picture? Remember how I was there sitting right next to you? You should've used the picture with both of us there! :D

Yummy!

What will you be making with the raspberries?

Do you pick all your own fruit?

This is the time of year that I wish we had more children!!! The 4 of us pick raspberries. Danny & the kids picked the cherries at a neighborhood place that sells them for 75 cents/pound. I make rapsberry (and boisenberry, when they come on) jam, raspberry bran muffins, raspberry coffee cake (I feel like the guy of Forest Gump...shrimp gumbo...), but mostly we freeze them and eat them all winter. :-) My dh just loves "putting up" all this food, so it is a good thing. I also canned 33 jars of cherries with my mil today. Life is good. Fruit is amazing!!

By the way, we have a food dryer that we got for Christmas last year, so we are trying fruit leather for the first time. I'll let you know how it is!

This is the time of year that I wish we had more children!!! The 4 of us pick raspberries. Danny & the kids picked the cherries at a neighborhood place that sells them for 75 cents/pound. I make rapsberry (and boisenberry, when they come on) jam, raspberry bran muffins, raspberry coffee cake (I feel like the guy of Forest Gump...shrimp gumbo...), but mostly we freeze them and eat them all winter. :-) My dh just loves "putting up" all this food, so it is a good thing. I also canned 33 jars of cherries with my mil today. Life is good. Fruit is amazing!!

By the way, we have a food dryer that we got for Christmas last year, so we are trying fruit leather for the first time. I'll let you know how it is!

Hey! I just noticed something different about you. All light and pretty.

Very nice.

Wow! Seventy-five cents per pound?! That's amazing! Our local orchard charges around $2/lb, which is still a steal in my book! I'll be watching for your fruit leather update, for sure! I'm not brave enough to do canning jars, but fruit leather has potential in my book! :D

I'm anxiously awaiting both blackberries and raspberries this year. We have blueberries and sour cherries in the freezer already (strawberries disappeared before they could be frozen, it seems:001_huh:). Harvest time rocks!