Menu

Ebay issues...should I be required to pay return shipping on this?

I ordered a Wii bundle on ebay. At the time, this seller had 100% feedback. After much delay and a little prodding from me, the seller finally shipped my package (he apologized and said he had personal issues). I only received half of the auction. The games were badly scratched and one wouldn't read at all. It was also supposed to include all cords, hook-ups, wii fit, wii fit balance board, and an active trainer kit ~ which were all missing. He apologized and said he would look through storage and find them. He said he shipped the items but he wouldn't give me a d.c. number and I waited quite a while (almost 2 weeks) and I finally submitted a claim with ebay. He got very angry and said that his personal issues were taking the front seat right now. He then said he would ship right away (so in other words he lied the first time). Yesterday (34 days from payment), my mail lady showed up at my door laughing at this package. She said it was so poorly packaged and damaged that they had to plastic wrap it together to get it to my house. It was also sent with postage due of $16.75 that I was supposed to pay to get it. The seller didn't pay the postage!!! I refused and sent it back to the P.O. I called ebay and they said I should escalate the claim. Now the seller is very angry that he took his precious time to get this altogether and now I have escalated the claim. He said for me to send it all back and he would refund me. Now, his feedback is 96.3% and I haven't even left feedback yet. There is no way I should be required to pay the $16.75 to get this package and then pay to ship everything back to him, right? Am I blowing this out of proportion or is this just ridiculous? Unfortunately, the mail lady scanned the package before she came to my door and it looks like it has been delivered but I was given the number and a name at the post office that I can pass along to ebay to verify the package issue. Ugh!

Yeah, to bad the package was scanned.. but if you have a name and number at the PO I would just escalate and give ebay the info. You don't need to pay anything. Not the postage due or to ship it back. He's upset, because he will have to pay to get it back from the PO, that is why he is trying to talk you into shipping it back to him.

How did he even mail it with that much postage due:001_huh:?

I guess he printed postage online and underestimated the weight?:glare:

Yeah, to bad the package was scanned.. but if you have a name and number at the PO I would just escalate and give ebay the info. You don't need to pay anything. Not the postage due or to ship it back. He's upset, because he will have to pay to get it back from the PO, that is why he is trying to talk you into shipping it back to him.

How did he even mail it with that much postage due:001_huh:?

I guess he printed postage online and underestimated the weight?:glare:

This is all I can figure? He probably just printed a $5 label online, slapped it on it, and left it in the drop cart at the P.O. I don't think they would have received it if he had gone to the counter. I am soooooo frustrated.

:iagree: with you. Do not pay anything to get the package from the PO, return to sender because postage was due. I had to do that once, and yes the seller was mad, but it is their responsibility to get it to you without any further postage due and to get it to you properly packaged. Escalate the claim and get your money back. Even if it was scanned as delivered to you the PO can scan it to return and it will track back to the seller and show as delivered to their address.

I called ebay and they said I should escalate the claim.

Am I blowing this out of proportion or is this just ridiculous?!

there are times for benefit of doubt, and time to hold the line. ebay thinks you should escalate your claim, why don't you?:001_huh: (I'd demand full refund of everything you have paid. yes - he should pay postage for returning to him what you did receive.)

if the guy was having so many personal issues, he could have pulled his auctions until he was ready to give them the time his customers deserve. (especially if he wants a decent feedback.)

That is very unfortunate. If you look into eBay's policies, I believe you are responsible for paying return shipping to return the items that you received. You should be eligible for a refund of your purchase price and original shipping if eBay rules in your favor. You will be out the money you spend to return the package (which is extremely annoying - I've had to do this before).

Regarding the package that was sent postage due, I don't think you should have to pay money to recieve the package and then pay to return it. If it is marked "return to sender," will it get back to the seller? Regardless, I would just leave that aspect alone - the seller was responsible for paying the shipping to have it delivered to you. If he loses it, it's his fault. Your eBay claim is that you did not receive the item as described (items did not match description, package was not complete, items required additional postage beyond what was stated in the auction).

Here is a page describing eBay's policy on return shipping.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-returns.html

HTH

As an ebay seller I am so sorry this happened. No do not pay any postage back. This is on him. Of course he is "angry." He is trying to get out of doing his job. Escalate the claim and explain that the items were not as described and arrived postage due etc. After you escalate and request a full refund you should get one in a few hours. You also should not have to send anything back. This is his mistake and you should not have to pay for it. And yes you will probably get nasty messages form him report them to ebay. Also, he cannot leave a negative comment in your feedback. Call Ebay they'll take it off it is called a false positive. Like I said I am sorry about this PM me if you have any more questions. Ebay by and large is a great community but there a couple of people on there who are just plain interesting....:tongue_smilie:

That is very unfortunate. If you look into eBay's policies, I believe you are responsible for paying return shipping to return the items that you received. You should be eligible for a refund of your purchase price and original shipping if eBay rules in your favor. You will be out the money you spend to return the package (which is extremely annoying - I've had to do this before).

Regarding the package that was sent postage due, I don't think you should have to pay money to recieve the package and then pay to return it. If it is marked "return to sender," will it get back to the seller? Regardless, I would just leave that aspect alone - the seller was responsible for paying the shipping to have it delivered to you. If he loses it, it's his fault. Your eBay claim is that you did not receive the item as described (items did not match description, package was not complete, items required additional postage beyond what was stated in the auction).

Here is a page describing eBay's policy on return shipping.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-returns.html

HTH

You're responsible for shipping if it is a regular return like it didn't fit or you didn't like the color. If there is something wrong with the item then ebay normally refunds your money and you can keep or pitch the items.