Menu

Fraud.... again

:glare:

I check my account daily and found an unauthorized charge on it this morning. I have called the bank and am getting a new debit card while they investigate, but enough already! :banghead:

These people should put their energy into getting a job instead of *stealing* from others. :mad: Pathetic.

Sorry.... rant over.

Mean people stink. Our cc number was stolen 3 months ago.... again. It was partially my fault. I heard a ping of warning in my head and ignored it when purchasing something on line, even though the site said it was secure. But, still.... I do find it interesting what they try to buy. Remember that commercial several years back? The middle aged truck driver who's card was stolen by a young lady buying lingerie? It lifts and separates.

This time they tried to spend $1000 at Nordstrom's.

Last time, I felt kinda bad, because they obviously needed basics. They spent $700 at a grocery store and $500 at Ross. It was right before school, I think.

This was a small charge ($26.37) and from previous experience if this would have gone through there would have been a few more increasing in size.

The last time this happened to me (1.5 years ago) there was a small charge, then larger and then they went shopping at SAMS club. I don't know how they did it, but was told that they can now put your information on a new card. :glare:

Ugh.

The last time our credit card was fraudulently used was when dh was in Afghanistan. I e-mailed him to confirm he had not made a purchase for $170 for video game stuff, then called the credit card company to file the claim. A couple of weeks later, I received a call from UPS asking if the package from that merchant had been received. (Apparently, our address/phone number was used when the original order was placed. We believe the thief stole the information from one of the 2 purchases dh made online that month.) UPS had received a complaint about the package not arriving and were very interested when I told them those items were purchased illegally.

I always wondered what the student at the University of GA thought when he didn't receive his stolen goods. (Yes, I was told the name/address of the package's destination. The merchant the thief used wouldn't share much information with me about who the thief was; they just confirmed my address/phone number and dh's name as being on the account and seemed doubtful when I told them we hadn't made the purchase. After all, the thief had used the CVC code on the back of the card; how would he have had the code if he wasn't the rightful owner of the card?!)

Edited by wilrunner

It does stink. We were on vacation last month and when I got home I saw a charge I didn't have a receipt for. I didn't recognize the name/letter jumble either. Researched and found it to a London based card services for girly sites. UGH. We were traveling the day of the charge so weren't online anyway!

But I know the night before we went out and it took that girl forever to get our drinks, our food, and the credit card run through.......it's the only person who had the card out of my site all week.

The last time our credit card was fraudulently used was when dh was in Afghanistan. I e-mailed him to confirm he had not made a purchase for $170 for video game stuff, then called the credit card company to file the claim. A couple of weeks later, I received a call from UPS asking if the package from that merchant had been received. (Apparently, our address/phone number was used when the original order was placed. We believe the thief stole the information from one of the 2 purchases dh made online that month.) UPS had received a complaint about the package not arriving and were very interested when I told them those items were purchased illegally.

I always wondered what the student at the University of GA thought when he didn't receive his stolen goods. (Yes, I was told the name/address of the package's destination. The merchant the thief used wouldn't share much information with me about who the thief was; they just confirmed my address/phone number and dh's name as being on the account and seemed doubtful when I told them we hadn't made the purchase. After all, the thief had used the CVC code on the back of the card; how would he have had the code if he wasn't the rightful owner of the card?!)

How did that poor boy get into college? How exactly did he think that he was going to get his stuff?

How did that poor boy get into college? How exactly did he think that he was going to get his stuff?

We wonder if someone else (father or uncle perhaps? most likely a man to pretend to be dh) stole the info and tried to purchase some items to help the college student. The college student, not knowing the items he was told to expect were stolen, was trying to follow up getting items his (friend, relative?) said were sent. If the college student was the one who actually stole and used the info, he would have been very brazen to have asked UPS where his package was!

This is all conjecture, of course. We don't know who actually called and placed the order. All we know is the online merchant's name, the date of the purchase, what was purchased, and who was supposed to receive the merchandise, but not who actually made the purchase.

:glare:

I check my account daily and found an unauthorized charge on it this morning. I have called the bank and am getting a new debit card while they investigate, but enough already! :banghead:

These people should put their energy into getting a job instead of *stealing* from others. :mad: Pathetic.

Sorry.... rant over.

This has happened to us 4 times in the past 3 months. Once to my husband and 3 times to me! It is so frustrating...:grouphug: