Menu

Teachers Lounge 10-17-2012

Let myself sleep in this morning because I needed the rest but am now behind in schedule. Good thing there are no pressing appointments to get to!

WELCOME TO THE TEACHERS LOUNGE!

I'm so tired this morning, I don't even know what questions to ask.

Tell us something FUN that's happening today or this week. :bigear:

Good morning, Scrap! I slept in a bit this morning too.

Fun? Um. . . I'm just trying to get through this day by day. I am going out to dinner on Saturday night with old friends from high school. Since high school was over 30 years ago, we really are OLD friends. My confession, though, is that I don't want to go. I've become gluten free since I agreed to go and that is going to complicate things enormously. But I gave my word, so I will keep it.

Fun? This weekend we are MOVING!!!!!

We are moving in with my IL's and getting our house ready to sell, then we are buying their house from them so they can move and live in a smaller home. This is my MIL's childhood home that her mother designed and built, so it is very special to all of us. Bonus? It. Is. HUGE. And it is beautiful. We are so excited to move to a house that has plenty of space for all of us, and truthfully, they could never leave and we would still have plenty of room.

I am completely stoked to have an actual homeschool room, for the kids to have room to leave a toy out on the floor without it making their bedroom a tripping hazard, and to have a place to put paper.

THAT is my fun thing!! :D

Good Morning.

Fun? Saturday, we're taking youngest and her best friend horseback riding in a very, very beautiful spot. She'll finally be old enough to ride the horses there. She's been looking forward to it since she was about 4. Tomorrow is her birthday. I'm taking the day off from work and will spend the day doing everything an 8yo girl wants to do.

Jean, if we lived closer, I'd suggest getting together for tea or coffee!

Shannon, have FUN! Who are you going to see?

Kristen, can I come move in, too? We desperately need more room, as well!

Lori McKenna. She's a little known folk/country/singer songwriter artist from Boston.

Let myself sleep in this morning because I needed the rest but am now behind in schedule. Good thing there are no pressing appointments to get to!

WELCOME TO THE TEACHERS LOUNGE!

I'm so tired this morning, I don't even know what questions to ask.

Tell us something FUN that's happening today or this week. :bigear:

Wish I could have slept in this morning too...but alas, I had to get up earlier than usual in order to get dd15 to the private school where she was taking the PSAT this morning. Much of my day has been spent :auto::auto::auto: back and forth. DD15 also had Spanish class after the PSAT. She is currently napping! LOL! Three of the kids have activities at church this afternoon. The little one has a sore throat, so I'm not letting her go to the activities.

Hmm..fun? Nothing too fun on our agenda this week. Hopefully something will pop up!

Presently my kids are reading history (Hakim's Story of US) together, while I finish my lunch of spicy andouille sausage (GF, Jean and Karen!), mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and lettuce. They had the same thing. We also decided we're going to use the left over sausage in omelets for dinner tonight! :)

Margaret, you sound busy! Hope you get in that nap!

Shannon, have FUN!

Karen, I'm sure your daughter will have fond memories of the day you share together tomorrow! Happy Birthday to her!

I was so tempted to just take the kids and GO somewhere today but we really need to buckle down a little more in our schoolwork. We may hit the last day of the state fair on Nov. 4,though.

One more thing I need to squeeze in today is a run to Sprouts ( a local farmers market grocery store ). They're having a 25% off all Gluten Free stuff this week! Woohoo!

We had to get up earlier than usual to get school work done today. Dd had a theater workshop this afternoon, it is a 2 hour drive one way, so that ate up my day. She had a lot of fun, though, and she rarely does anything "just for her", poor middle child.

I got to watch her play theater games and laugh and have fun, then we ate lunch at the Costco food counter and browsed the aisles. We got huge frozen yogurts to eat on the way home. I guess that was my fun for today!