Menu

In a few days...

I will really, truly be 28. So close to 30. I'm feeling a bit down for some reason (about it). I can't talk to the hubby - he rolls his eyes and reminds me that he is 43... "what I wouldn't give to be 28 again sweetie".

I'm not sure why I'm feeling down about it, but I am. Kind of a "where did the time go" feeling.

:tongue_smilie:

I will really, truly be 28. So close to 30. I'm feeling a bit down for some reason (about it). I can't talk to the hubby - he rolls his eyes and reminds me that he is 43... "what I wouldn't give to be 28 again sweetie".

I'm not sure why I'm feeling down about it, but I am. Kind of a "where did the time go" feeling.

28 was very hard for me, too. Now I feel like your dh :).

I loved my 30s btw! Nothing to be afraid of, at all.

I went through the same thing at 24 and am now doing it again because I'm turning 29. For me, it's mostly because I feel like I *should* still be 19 again, but life has sucked all the energy out of me. Also, I thought I would have my act together by now and feel like a miserable failure of a 28 year old. I should have been perfect by now; why am I not? :tongue_smilie: That sort of thing.

:grouphug: I hope you feel better soon and remember that you are still young and the best is yet to be!:grouphug:

You'll find that "old" is relative, it moves as you age. As a child, I thought my 28 year old aunt was "old" and my 39 year old mother was "ancient". I had 3 kids by 28, and they were all under 10 so I wouldn't go back to 28 for "nothin" LOL I do occasionally think "Wow, I'm 34..." it seems like I should feel so old and wise, but I don't. Most of my friends are 5-7 years older than me and think I'm still a "baby" age-wise, so maybe that's why I feel younger, but I'm okay with being 34 most of the time. I like my 30s better than my 20s, but sometimes it shocks me how fast my 30s arrived. THAT is what I don't like, the knowledge that each decade whizzes by.

:grouphug:

28 was hard for me too! Most people roll their eyes when you say that though..... I feel like I've spent my 20s raising babies. Not that I wouldn't do it all over again, and I love it.... but most of my hs buddies are still partying!! I wonder if I missed out.... naw. I didn't. My life is more fullfilling :D

Atleast I know ds can do math... he said "MOM! In 2 years you'll be 30!" :glare: And "You'll always be older than dad." I'm older for 1/2 of the year.....

I'll be 50 in just over a year's time and I feel nowhere near as depressed about it as I did about reaching 30. I think you feel 'youthful' throughout your twenties, feel as though you're still growing up, that it's OK to still make mistakes. 30 just sounds so grown-up and responsible, as though you should know what you're doing and where you're going. Actually, my 30s were the best years of my life so far, a wonderful adventure. Now that I'm nearing 50 I'm beginning to feel like it's OK to start being a bit irresponsible again, to practise for my planned disreputable old age :tongue_smilie:.

I'm just now feeling shocked at my age when I realized that I turn 37 in a few months. For some reason 37 sounds so much closer to 40 than 36. :tongue_smilie:

I think it also has to do with the fact that in since I've been in my 30s I've had a bunch of health problems and diagnosed with chronic diseases. Nothing like health issues to make you feel the loss of youth. :glare:

I cried when I turned 30. Wondered what I was going to do with the rest of my life...I had no plan :) Now I'm 38 and busier than ever raising my darling children and so glad I have no "career" outside the house. My life is fulfilled by caring for my family - I guess at 30 I wasn't ready to appreciate this as the most important job I could ever do. I thought my children would suddenly hit 6 yrs old and not need me anymore. But my 30's have been the best years of my marriage for sure and now I wish I could stand still here in time forever!

Brownie

I'm 37... and I'm with KH, 37 seems much older than 36, LOL!! I guess it's "late" 30's rather than "mid" 30's. :)

The age I had the hardest time with? 29, believe it or not. I think it was tough that it was the last year of my 20's, I had given up my career and I was at home with a toddler, and I was really trying to figure out where my life was going.

I'm actually looking forward to my 40's, though I don't know whether I'll have trouble with the big birthday.

Aimee, I know it's easy to say, but you're still incredibly young, and looking back... I remembe 28 as a very good year!! :grouphug:

I'm 37... and I'm with KH, 37 seems much older than 36, LOL!! I guess it's "late" 30's rather than "mid" 30's. :)

The age I had the hardest time with? 29, believe it or not. I think it was tough that it was the last year of my 20's, I had given up my career and I was at home with a toddler, and I was really trying to figure out where my life was going.

I'm actually looking forward to my 40's, though I don't know whether I'll have trouble with the big birthday.

Aimee, I know it's easy to say, but you're still incredibly young, and looking back... I remembe 28 as a very good year!! :grouphug:

:001_smile: Thanks for the kind words everyone. Glad to know I'm not alone in my... sadness (for lack of a better word I suppose).

I'm sorry but I agree with your husband. At 28, I looked 21, and wasn't even married yet.

I still had hope.