Menu

Vacuum Cleaners

I know there have been multiple threads about vacuum cleaners before. I need a good one because for whatever reason I usually kill mine within 6 months but I think it is because I usually buy cheap ones. I don't have the money for a Dyson so I was looking at the Shark brand vacuums. So, what says the Hive?

I don't have a Shark so I can't answer that.

However, I do have an Electrolux upright that is about 7yo at this point; it stays upstairs, mostly, which is all carpetd.

I also have an 8yo Electrolux cannister vac that stays downstairs where it's all hardwood.

My first vac was an Electrolux upright; I bought it in 1982, and used it until 2004. The only reason I gave it up was that it needed a small replacement part that didn't affect how well it worked but just made noise, and I couldn't find any parts. :-( Otherwise, I'd still be using that puppy.

I don't have a Shark so I can't answer that.

However, I do have an Electrolux upright that is about 7yo at this point; it stays upstairs, mostly, which is all carpetd.

I also have an 8yo Electrolux cannister vac that stays downstairs where it's all hardwood.

My first vac was an Electrolux upright; I bought it in 1982, and used it until 2004. The only reason I gave it up was that it needed a small replacement part that didn't affect how well it worked but just made noise, and I couldn't find any parts. :-( Otherwise, I'd still be using that puppy.

My electrolux cannister is still going strong and it is 20 years old. If I was replacing it I would probably get an Oreck because I do not think electrolux is what it used to be.

I had an Electrolux for about 5 years. It was a great vacuum but I did not want a canister any longer so I bought a Dyson. I LOVE that thing, but if the price is right on an Electrolux they really are great.

I know there have been multiple threads about vacuum cleaners before. I need a good one because for whatever reason I usually kill mine within 6 months but I think it is because I usually buy cheap ones. I don't have the money for a Dyson so I was looking at the Shark brand vacuums. So, what says the Hive?

I've never owned a Shark vacuum, but I purchased a very expensive professional iron from the parent company of Shark (Euro-Pro) as a gift for my wife and it was about the most horrendous customer service experience I have ever faced. In my first hand experience they are a terrible company to deal with. And when I got online I food similar horror stories about Shark. Do your own research.

Personally, I would not spend a dime with a company like this.

Bill