Menu

I just did a quick math u see search...and got....

I just tried searching for math-u-see at google and yahoo, and I didn't get anything questionable, even if I clicked on the Amazon link. You should run a virus scan. There are viruses that will redirect your computer to that kind of stuff no matter what you search for.

I just tried searching for math-u-see at google and yahoo, and I didn't get anything questionable, even if I clicked on the Amazon link. You should run a virus scan. There are viruses that will redirect your computer to that kind of stuff no matter what you search for.

I have a good protection program. This is the first I've gone to P*rn, usually I just go to some weird page. I clicked on the words, not the link (I assumed they went to the same place) I will click a little more carefully for a while. Just sort of surprising to get parts instead of book lists---ick!!

Were the hoo hoo's on Amazon or was the link a look alike?

The actual link went to Amazon, but the words to the description of the link goes anywhere. I think it is connected to the "ad related to MUS section but looks like the amazon link.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=chr-greentree_gc&ei=utf-8&ilc=12&type=937811&p=math+u+see

If you click on the words " Math u see at amazon" that are underlined, you go anywhere, if you click on the actual link, you go to the right place..

The actual link went to Amazon, but the words to the description of the link goes anywhere. I think it is connected to the "ad related to MUS section but looks like the amazon link.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=chr-greentree_gc&ei=utf-8&ilc=12&type=937811&p=math+u+see

If you click on the words " Math u see at amazon" that are underlined, you go anywhere, if you click on the actual link, you go to the right place..

every one I clicked on took me to amazon, I think you may have a virus, even if you have a good protection program sometimes things get in.

I would second the suggestion of a virus. My mother got one a while back which was a browser hijacker, so every time she tried to search something it'd give her a bizarre list of sites. This really sounds like something similar.

How did she get rid of it??

I am currently doing a Malware search.

How did she get rid of it??

I am currently doing a Malware search.

It was a huge amount of work because it was actually a rootkit. It took ages of cleaning -- my brother got how-to-help on bleepingcomputer.com. The malware program that they downloaded to help was Malwarebytes, which has a free version.