Menu

Teachers Lounge 10-5-2012

Happy Friday!

What are you up to today? Currently, I'm trying to finish my own homework before taking the boy to play with some friends. Then I will be doing home economics with my daughter (aka lessons in bill paying and how expensive life really is!).

Lunch? No idea! It's pay day so maybe a restaurant! :D

Plans for the weekend? We were supposed to do a day trip up north but hubby needs to work on his Sunday school lesson and I need to work on a paper that's due next week, so we're not going up north. That's okay, though, since we'll be in Colorado in just a few short weeks!

Side note: we'll be in Colorado about two weeks after we'll have been in Florida. Talk about a weather change! :lol:

Talk to me! :bigear:

I am sitting in a chilly waiting room while YDS does language therapy. I didn't bring a book, so I'm bored to tears lol. I'm making a Costco list to entertain myself. My two oldest stayed home with my mom. I left them spelling tests, literature lesson, math lesson, and a science/creative writing assignment. I'll have to look over those this evening.

Since today is therapy, YDS and I will be enjoying ChikFilA for lunch. Then we are getting little Frostys at Wendy's and hitting the pumpkin stand. He is beside himself that we haven't decorated for Halloween yet.

I think we may go to a nearby town for their Oktoberfest Saturday. Possibly carve pumpkins Sunday. Or not. I'm not sure how it'll all shake out :)

Edited by Ghee

Today is the first anniversary of my dad's death so I'm not doing much today.

Dd had a Lego League team meeting since the public schooled members had today off, so she must got home from that. I've given her the rest of the day off :)

Lunch will be salmon burgers from Costco with a salad.

We have a very busy weekend! Today and tomorrow dd12 is dancing in three performances of Coppelia, then she is going to a sleepover birthday party for an old friend. Tonight dd17 is singing the national anthem at her school's Homecoming game, attending a choral vocal workshop at the university tomorrow morning, then going to the Homecoming dance tomorrow night.

Dh and I will have a date tomorrow night (!) and then on Sunday afternoon we are hosting a wine tasting at the local wine shop----we won it in a raffle last winter. It will be fun to talk with friends without any kids around.

Up to: I'm hiding out from the before-school chore time. Yes, it isn't my greatest moment. I promise as soon as I type this one post, I'll go back to the disaster zone known as my kitchen.

School - housework - helping dd to bake 6 doz. cookies (3 doz. for an order at the Y, 3 doz. for the firefighter's open house)

Tonight ds has a taekwando belt exam - at exactly the same time I'm supposed to be at the Y with dd for her volunteering. . . which leads to the next item on my to-do list:

Figure out how to clone myself so that I can be in two places at the same time.

Lunch- salad with protein.

Weekend plans - Fire fighter's open house, normal housework, school planning/grading, prep for church etc.

We took this week off from school so we could go visit friends in Charleston, SC. We toured the area, visited the USS Yorktown, and spent lots of time watching dolphins at Shem Creek. It was a great time! We came home last night, and I will have ds write a short, informal paper about his trip after lunch. The boys have been playing together all morning after sleeping in.

Lunch will be Angie's organic mac & cheese with peas. Nothing exciting!

For the weekend, we'll do yard work on Saturday until we have to take ds9 to his taekwondo demo team event in the late afternoon. Then church on Sunday with our church's fall homecoming event in the afternoon. It's going to go from 83* tomorrow to 66* on Sunday... yikes! At least the sun is supposed to be shining!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! We'll be back to the normal grind on Monday.

Good morning.

There was ICE on my windshield this morning when I drove my older dd to school. Younger and I went along because orchestra 2 was performing in morning assembly. I didn't plan enough time to defrost or scrape ice, so I just drove off with poor visibility squirting windshield fluid hoping it would defrost before I got to the intersection. :D

Today, I'm working. I still need to teach younger dd something. I'm picking up older dd and her friend from school today and taking them for gelato after school so my dd can help her friend with Latin. Then it is more work, cello lessons, the park and dinner.

Lunch will be a bag of black bean chips with some guacamole.

This weekend we're going to a harvest festival at a living history museum and laser tag and maybe another drive into the mountains.

Ds (11) finished math and WWS already! But I just read his narration so, he is not really done. LOL. We will proofread, revise, then read Sir Gawain together. He'll do free reading, his chores, and then-freedom! We will pick his big brother up from school and go to Yog-cool local frozen yogurt place.

Happy Friday!

What are you up to today?

Lunch?

Plans for the weekend?

Talk to me! :bigear:

Yay! It's finally Friday!

We've gotten the bulk of our schoolwork done this morning, with just a bit to finish this afternoon. The laundry is all caught up! (miracle!) I've done my 2 miles on the treadmill already and managed to grab a quick shower. The kids have had lunch (while I was showering) and are now working on afternoon chores. They all had leftovers for lunch, which cleaned out a large portion of our fridge! I'm having raw raspberries, a honeycrisp apple, some roasted okra, and maybe some almonds for lunch.

Later this afternoon, I have to prepare macaroni & cheese for 40, to be served as a side dish at our church this evening. We're having a weekend Bible Exploration retreat for the 3rd graders. I'm in charge of dinner. Luckily, we ordered Chick-fil-A nugget trays and picked up veggie & fruit trays from BJ's, so the mac & cheese is the only thing I have to prepare. I'll spend the evening serving the food and cleaning the dishes at the church.

In addition to the retreat (which my 8 year old dd will be attending), we have 2 soccer games tomorrow morning and my dd15 is volunteering at a dance class for children with special needs. Tomorrow evening, the same dd15 is also volunteering as a server for a banquet for the senior members of our church.

Sunday will be church and a birthday dinner with my grandparents.

Happy Friday to you! I am so glad that it is the weekend!!

What are you up to today? Ds1 had homeschool teen group today so he went in this morning with dh. Ds2 and I have played outside, made a trip to the library, came home and played outside some more. I've got laundry going. I'm praying that he will take a nap now. He's in his room but I'm pretty sure he is not sleeping!

Lunch? I had a chili cheese dog and it was so good--sometimes a hotdog just hits the spot!

Plans for the weekend? Taking all the baby things to a friend. Ds2 is out of the crib and we are not having anymore babies so it's time to let someone else get some use out of it. Other than that I am hoping for a quiet and relaxing weekend.

What are you up to today?

A full school day today! We were supposed to go to the state fair today, but since dh totaled his car earlier this week, he needed mine to get to work. Our date for tonight is still on, though!

Lunch?
Smorgasbord.

Plans for the weekend?
Some school and cleaning tomorrow, checking out a new church on Sunday (we just moved), and dh has Monday off so we're going car shopping, then he's coming to co-op with us, then I have an interview at the local public library to work as an evening circulation assistant.

Today? Running errands and getting rid of stuff from the garage. Trying to get ready to move.

Lunch? McDonalds :D

Plans for the Weekend? Well hopefully tomorrow dd and I will make the Girl Scout Expo for part of the day. Other than that - rest & cleaning. Maybe some packing too - I'm trying to pack things we don't need on a regular basis so that moving will be easier.