Menu

9-year-old boys.

Jonibee

He loves science, but that usually requires someone to sit and read directions with him.

Yes, we could not survive without a trampolene. :) I'm wondering more about independent learning activities he could do that aren't babyish.:confused:

My kiddo does most of his schoolwork independently. He really likes the Sequential Spelling DVD and Wordly Wise online. He also uses Teaching Textbooks and Timez Attack for math, Word Roots DVD, Dance Mat Typing, Aha! Science and Aha! Math, and he LOVES K5 Reading. Obviously he works much better on the computer than with pencil in hand. :D

He loves science, but that usually requires someone to sit and read directions with him.

Yes, we could not survive without a trampolene. :) I'm wondering more about independent learning activities he could do that aren't babyish.:confused:

Computer stuff works well for independent work. Spelling City, typing practice, math games, ect.

Glad I could help! :lol: Dragon is very strong-willed and no love of waiting for or following directions. He's always been this way. But he's become hyper-sensitive and his stubborn nature has intensified since Christmas.

Off topic, but did you nickname him Dragon, or did he?

My DS named himself Dragon about a year ago and he still insists on it. Latin lessons at our house...

"Quid est tuum praenomen?"

"Meum praenomen est Dragon." :lol:

Off topic, but did you nickname him Dragon, or did he?

My DS named himself Dragon about a year ago and he still insists on it. Latin lessons at our house...

"Quid est tuum praenomen?"

"Meum praenomen est Dragon." :lol:

Totally their ideas. We've had games that needed profiles and those are their gamer names. Mr. Picky Pants is because of his food habits. Food "A" is yummy today and soooo *not* happening tomorrow.

Ugh. Nine year old boys!:glare: Today my 9 year old got all his work done in no time at all. And then we have some days where it's 4:00 and he's still sitting on his duff. And then there are some days when he's incredibly helpful - "Mom, can I help you put in the winter garden?" and then there are other days when he groans and moans and carries on when I ask him to throw his yogurt container away.

:iagree: This is my 9 year old too.

Oh! I thought mine was broken or defective! I am so glad to hear that this is normal.

:lol:

Anyone else's 9 yr old have a mustache, or did I just cross the line there? :lol::lol::lol:

My 9 year old is getting armpit hair already. :blink: We are trying to make deodorant a regular part of his life now. I think it's a weird stage for all of us.

My 9 year old is getting armpit hair already. :blink: We are trying to make deodorant a regular part of his life now. I think it's a weird stage for all of us.

No armpit hair yet - proper inspection pending - but he has needed deodorant since last year, at 8. Fun thread :001_smile: