Menu

hot wheels sets...please help

my son got this set Amazon.com: Hot Wheels Sky Jump Track Set: Toys & Games for Christmas last year and within 6 months it broke, not once, but twice (the second time after it was replaced by a new one). So we got our money back again for it and this time decided not to replace it with the exact same set. (my son just reminded me the other day that I haven't replaced it yet)...so now I am looking at other sets...and am afraid to buy them for fear of the same thing happening. The part that broke both times was a piece of track that we couldn't fix or replace becasue the size and shape of it was vital to the toy running properly.

SO...my question is, do any of you have any hot wheels sets that your children love that we might consider??? We already own several other sets, so that limits our options too. thanks!!!!!

Yeah, they no longer have the best reputation.

Have you looked into Dardo? They are usually more expensive but hold up better.

Blue Track is another one, but the kids have to set it up themselves and it takes some engineering work. That is likely too frustrating for really young kids.

I know nothing about Blue Track, but will look into that...and we have a Dardo set, which was really cool. until the cars stopped working...I bought another one, but that one didn't last long either...so now we have tracks and no cars....maybe I will look into trying that one again, though. At least the tracks are made of good material, unlike Hot Wheels.

thanks for everyone's response....at least it's not just me and my kids who are having problems.

We've had this for several years. It's held up well and my boys are not particularly gentle in play especially when they were younger. It seems like it's a lot like the 6 lane raceway linked above which might be better. I see reviews that ours can fall apart when bumped and that is true. But it has never broken.

Edited by sbgrace

The hot wheels sets we had as kids lasted forever and stood up to play. When ds 16 was little, I was so excited when he got his first hot wheels set. Piece of junk. NOTHING is made well anymore. It's all crap. Companies are selling a name to adults who believe in a product that once was, but isn't any more. It's all replaceable, and disposable; not durable.

We've had this for several years. It's held up well and my boys are not particularly gentle in play especially when they were younger. It seems like it's a lot like the 6 lane raceway linked above which might be better. I see reviews that ours can fall apart when bumped and that is true. But it has never broken.

we have that one too and my boys LOVE it. Even though it comes apart sometimes, they don't seem to care, because they can put it back together. I have thought about the 6 track one, but it is sort of more of the same of what we already have.

what we like about it is that it folds up very nicely and easily. Also that at the bottom of the race track is a flag system that shows who the winner is...the boys love that. They will spend hours trying all of their cars, figuring out which ones are faster. This has probably been the best hot wheels toys we own...and the one that gets played with the most.