Menu

I made my own hand soap and shampoo/conditioner today...

I hope they come out well. The hand soap has to sit for 10-12 hours before I can mix it up and use it. It was fun to make them and fairly easy as well.

Posted on a new page on my blog, under Home-Made. I will take a shower tomorrow and try the shampoo/conditioner out.

If you have made these or other things at home, do you have a favorite recipe? I would love to make deodorant next. :001_smile:

Thanks for the recipes. Please tell us how they came out!

I have made my own cleaning supplies, and my sister has made me some awesome face cream. Here are some great links for make your own stuff recipes:

http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012/07/how-to-make-your-own-sunscreen-lotion.html

http://www.crunchybetty.com/

http://wellnessmama.com/4992/natural-skin-care-options-and-recipes/

What fun! I made a ton of conditioner last week. I'm so glad to have some again. I love that stuff.

I started to make shampoo, and realized I was missing one ingredient. I hope it comes in soon.

I need to make soap every day for the next couple of weeks.

It is quite addictive.

I haven't tried the shampoo/conditioner because I have very thick dry hair. I need specialty shampoo and conditioner as it is.

Does this work for heavy dandruff as well? My oldest has horrible dandruff. Not sure he would use this anyway as it isn't thick enough for him to figure out how much to put on, but I am curious.

Dawn

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking no one was interested last night when I went to bed, but I think I just posted too late. I did end up having my 10 yo take a late shower last night and she used the shampoo/conditioner and I was really surprised on how easy her hair was to comb out after wards. We will see how it looks today and I will try it as well.

The hand soap looks good on the stove, now I just need to have my coffee and then mix it up....I will let you know. It smells good!

I will check out the other recipes. I think the home-made deodorant would be a great thing but what do you store it in?

What fun! I made a ton of conditioner last week. I'm so glad to have some again. I love that stuff.

I started to make shampoo, and realized I was missing one ingredient. I hope it comes in soon.

I need to make soap every day for the next couple of weeks.

It is quite addictive.

What recipe do you use for shampoo and conditioner?