Menu

Has anyone bought Timez Attack?

robsiew

My 8yo LOVES Timez Attack, but he's already beat the few levels the free version offers. He hates drill and this game has been great for him. I very much dislike they make you pay for each different operation.... so I can spend $60 and only get multiplication. Has anyone bought it? Is it worth the $$$? Our school district used to have it, but I can't find it anywhere.

My dd8 LOVES Timez Attack and every time she plays it, she reminds me that she is so happy we bought the upper levels (I was against it, my husband bought it :D). I asked, and she told me that the upper levels are a bit more pressure but also more fun (I guess she doesn't mind the pressure).

My dd6 can't wait to use it. I have...ahum...neglected to mention to her that there is also an addition/subtraction version, because I want her to keep using the SM make-ten strategies in steads of just memorizing. But when I see her looking at dd8, I feel like a mean mom :tongue_smilie:.

ETA, I'm also annoyed that you have to pay for multiplication and division seperately. It is a lot of money, so we only use the free version for division.

My husband bought the full version - he wanted to support the programmer and support our son in using it. we actually had 2 kids using it, since the older one had issues. For a while it was really too hard for the younger one, but he did several levels over the summer and (when I just asked) says he WILL finish it.

Homeschool Buyers Co-op offers it for a discounted price. I bought the full version from them a few months ago for my dd9. She enjoys it; however, I limit her play time to 10 minutes so she doesn't get bored with it. It's sort of after math fun time. My dd5 plays the free addition/subtraction version. For us, it was a worth while purchase.

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/timez-attack/?c=1#

Cheers :)

Homeschool Buyers Co-op offers it for a discounted price. I bought the full version from them a few months ago for my dd9. She enjoys it; however, I limit her play time to 10 minutes so she doesn't get bored with it. It's sort of after math fun time. My dd5 plays the free addition/subtraction version. For us, it was a worth while purchase.

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/timez-attack/?c=1#

Cheers :)

Thanks for this idea! I always forget about the co-op! I'm thinking about maybe doing the rental. I can see my ds buzzing through and then being done with it!

We bought the full version for multiplication and division (addition and subtraction hadn't been released). We have not yet used the division bit of it. I'm not sure what people are talking about regarding "higher levels", because the free version we started with covered all the tables, just all in the same "world". The full version gives you the option of adjusting the difficulty of the gameplay (the maneuvering, catching things, etc) to suit your child. I think it's worthwhile for kids who like it.