Menu

My new booKshelves have bruised my ribs

I am in so much pain. I knew last night that I couldn't wait to take it off, but didn't think much of it. This morning when I went to get dressed it was unbearably painful. I took my booKshelf off right away and sure enough, I see the signs of bruising. I'm wearing a sports one right now that is bearable - but still a bit painful. I'm rather large in my booKs and so I need something for comfort. I can't go back to my old ones - the underwire actually broke on both pairs that I had and so they were thrown away. I can't wear the other one I bought - it is identical to the one that gave me the bruise. I guess I have to go back to Nordie's.

So - here's the point - besides my moaning about it:

The one I wore, obviously has been on my body for a day. Do I wash it before returning it? And the saleslady threw away the tags because I wore it out of the store. Can I still return it? I mean, it gave me bruises!

I went through their stock and nothing else seemed to fit me. Now what? I can't really do an exchange unless a different saleslady finds better stuff for me. And right now I'm so sore along my ribs that I don't want to try stuff on anyway. They will give me my money back, right? These were really expensive but I justify it because it's one thing I need quality on.

And where do I go to be fitted next? I've always gone to Nordie's. . .

I am in so much pain. I knew last night that I couldn't wait to take it off, but didn't think much of it. This morning when I went to get dressed it was unbearably painful. I took my booKshelf off right away and sure enough, I see the signs of bruising. I'm wearing a sports one right now that is bearable - but still a bit painful. I'm rather large in my booKs and so I need something for comfort. I can't go back to my old ones - the underwire actually broke on both pairs that I had and so they were thrown away. I can't wear the other one I bought - it is identical to the one that gave me the bruise. I guess I have to go back to Nordie's.

So - here's the point - besides my moaning about it:

The one I wore, obviously has been on my body for a day. Do I wash it before returning it? And the saleslady threw away the tags because I wore it out of the store. Can I still return it? I mean, it gave me bruises!

I went through their stock and nothing else seemed to fit me. Now what? I can't really do an exchange unless a different saleslady finds better stuff for me. And right now I'm so sore along my ribs that I don't want to try stuff on anyway. They will give me my money back, right? These were really expensive but I justify it because it's one thing I need quality on.

And where do I go to be fitted next? I've always gone to Nordie's. . .

Nordstroms has a Generous return policy. I would be surprised if they didn't allow you to return them.

They probably won't let you return the one you wore, but you could possibly sell it on ebay.

I'm rather large in the bOOk area too (34J) and finally took my dh's advice to check out the local bra shop, it was awesome and so different from any fitting I've ever had at any department store. I've tried Lane Bryant in the past and they told me that things didn't look right and my "cup runneth over" because I'm old and they don't have the perkiness they used to. :confused: Really, that's your explanation. The girl at the bra shop laughed when I told her that. I liked that she made sure each and every bra fit the way it should, because as I'm sure you know different brands/styles can fit so differently.

I was a little sore the first day after getting mine but I'd never worn and underwire before, but didn't bruise. I would look and see if you could find a bra specialty shop in your area. My appointment was free and the bras were in the $50 each range which is what I was paying for the ones that had no support anyway. Oh and after the appointment I found out that the bras that fit the best were available on Amazon so I was able to buy a bunch of them. Oh just in case your wondering the brand I got was Panache and my favorite styles are the Melody and the Tango II.

I used to be a softlines manager in retail. The general policy is to let you return clothing items like this and then the store returns them to the vendor for credit. So you would return it to the store you bought it from and they would give you your money back or a gift card depending on their policy. Then they would return the product to whomever made it and they vendor would credit the store for the return. This is how most larger retailers work. Some small establishments don't have the resources to do this and therefore don't take returns. In this instance, it sounds like you would be able to return if without fear that it will be placed back on the floor. It will be returned to vendor along with the reason for it's return.

ok, I'm not sure what qualifies as rather large, but mine are 36DD and I really like the 18 hour comfort ones from playtex. It has nice wide shoulder straps, no underwires, but still does a great job of holding them in. Also, they're relatively inexpensive, especially if you go to an outlet mall.