Menu

When do your children usually quit using 3-ruled paper?

neesek

I had no idea that some kids transitioned so early. Maybe we're just really behind. My dd will be in 3rd grade next year, and I'm planning on giving her another year with the 3-lined paper. Her writing just gets so sloppy when she has to write smaller. I have a big stack of it (500 pages) that I 3-hole punch and put in her notebooks. She does use graph paper for all of her problems in math. It really helps her keep everything lined up.

Angela in PA

That is kind of what I thought.

My ds is going into 3rd, and hasn't fussed yet, so I had him try to copy a sentence on wide ruled notebook paper. He gave it a half-hearted effort, said it was too hard, and ran off, lol. Of course, he absolutely hates to write, so I guess that will have to be a goal for him next year. :001_smile:

and the lines get smaller each year. We're doing fourth grade book/paper this year. I believe in the 2nd half of the handwriting book it transitions to no mid line--but with instruction.

I'm a penmanship stickler--we're moving slowly.

I put her into 2-line paper last year (3rd gr) and for this year (4th) I'm going back to paper with lines. Her handwriting was still formative and she got sloppy on keep the letters consistent in height. If you can get consistency with just the 2 lines, feel free.