Menu

Costco American Express Card?

We use it everywhere they accept it! Gas, restaurants, grocery store, Amazon, etc. I also pay some of my montly bills with it. Cable, cell phone bill, medical bills.

I use Quicken to keep track of my checkbook and I always enter the receipt/bill as paid with my Amex card, so I don't end up with a huge bill at the end of the month that I am unprepared to pay. I do have to go back and delete those entries so it's tedious, but no surprises.

(If anyone has a better way to keep track of those Amex expenses so I don't have to do double entry, I would love to know about it.)

We use it everywhere they accept it! Gas, restaurants, grocery store, Amazon, etc. I also pay some of my montly bills with it. Cable, cell phone bill, medical bills.

I use Quicken to keep track of my checkbook and I always enter the receipt/bill as paid with my Amex card, so I don't end up with a huge bill at the end of the month that I am unprepared to pay. I do have to go back and delete those entries so it's tedious, but no surprises.

(If anyone has a better way to keep track of those Amex expenses so I don't have to do double entry, I would love to know about it.)

Thanks! Good ideas. I could add my recurring charges to it and just pay one bill.:)

I used to use it for almost everything. It was my Go To card. We had some bills on it too. We pay it off in full each month. My rebate is usually around $400.

We are in extreme budget mode right now so I am using my debit card more than anything but once we are financially stable, I will go back to using it again.

Katie,

That is why I do everything by hand.... check register and charge statements are our records.

I keep all my charge statements, and my Quicken is my check register. I keep thinking there is a way to set this up so I can avoid the double entry. A friend of mine keeps a Quicken register for each charge card. Um, well, no thanks. I just keep the paper one thanks.

We use ours almost everywhere. Chase gives us better rewards for groceries (non-Costco), fuel (non-Costco) and fast food.

Also, while MOST places take AMEX there are still a few that don't, especially smaller businesses because their fees for the business owner are higher than MC/Visa (but the benefits to the consumer are better).

I know our AMEX will double manufacturer's warrenties, and there are other perks.