Menu

Long, t-shirt type material skirt? Help!

I saw a lady wearing a skirt that I loved and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't ask where she got it. It was long (ankle), and it was a fine cotton knit, it seemed. Not flouncy but not straight either. Just sort of flowing and *almost* straight. I think it may have had ties that were knotted loosely in front, slightly off to the side (ties not important, I just want to know where to get this TYPE of skirt). Very flattering. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and who sells these??? It didn't look old-fashioned or prim... it looked very cool, modern and feminine.

LOL. I watched a TV show and saw a commercial on them :D

Target, Old Navy carry inexpensive options. Macy's has more expensive brands. Here is a link to a several pictures

http://seasonablyhaute.com/2012/03/29/fun-colored-maxi-skirts/

Thanks, I'll look around. Those are cute, but the one I saw was less gathered, more streamlined, if that makes sense. I don't want a ton of fabric, just enough to look feminine. I'm petite and I can't pull off a lot of flounce.

I was going to suggest Old Navy and Target also. I have a bunch of the knee length ones, and I LOVE them. I would love to get a long one, but my legs are short so they are all too long for me.

I have a couple knee length ones for different stores. I got 1 from Old Navy a few years back and 1 from Outdoor World (of all paces :lol:) this spring. I love them! I've seen the longer ones, but I'm just too short to wear them at 5'1".

Thanks, I'll look around. Those are cute, but the one I saw was less gathered, more streamlined, if that makes sense. I don't want a ton of fabric, just enough to look feminine. I'm petite and I can't pull off a lot of flounce.

The ones I have aren't gathered at all, they are just a simple piece of fabric in a tube, and the waist band is really tall so that you just fold it over to get the rise you want. The length of the short ones are adjustable that way. I wear them all the time in the warmer months.

They are so comfortable, and can be dressed up or down depending on the shirt you wear with it and the accessories you use. You can be casual with a basic tshirt, or dressier with a nicer shirt and some jewelry. I do a large variety of casual to dressy, and that is what I like about these skirts!

This is what I have http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=79586&vid=1&pid=898555&scid=898555012 I have it in black, grey, and an olive green. I also have a bunch that are made of the same material, length, and style, but they are shorts. They are called "Gaucho" shorts. I wear a lot of those as well b/c they breathe well when it is hot out. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=36107&vid=1&pid=898745&scid=898745012

Edited by somo_chickenlady

The ones I have aren't gathered at all, they are just a simple piece of fabric in a tube, and the waist band is really tall so that you just fold it over to get the rise you want. The length of the short ones are adjustable that way. I wear them all the time in the warmer months.

They are so comfortable, and can be dressed up or down depending on the shirt you wear with it and the accessories you use. You can be casual with a basic tshirt, or dressier with a nicer shirt and some jewelry. I do a large variety of casual to dressy, and that is what I like about these skirts!

That sounds perfect. Where are your favorites from?

ETA: n/m, I just saw you said Old Navy/Target. Thanks!

This is what I have http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=79586&vid=1&pid=898555&scid=898555012 I have it in black, grey, and an olive green. I also have a bunch that are made of the same material, length, and style, but they are shorts. They are called "Gaucho" shorts. I wear a lot of those as well b/c they breathe well when it is hot out. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=36107&vid=1&pid=898745&scid=898745012

I tried the old navy ones you have linked...I know they are inexpensive but the fabric was very cheap so I returned them.