Menu

I need to clean my kitchen...

And scrub the floor with bleach and fold laundry and clean my bedroom.

Somebody kindly give me a kick in the pants and tell me to get moving!

:toetap05:

I just give my kids this look and it usually does the trick. Remember NO TV time for you today if your chores are not done!!!

And scrub the floor with bleach and fold laundry and clean my bedroom.

Somebody kindly give me a kick in the pants and tell me to get moving!

Nope -- sorry! I decided a long time ago I was old enough that I didn't need to clean my room anymore before I could go out and play. I hereby grant you the same status. :lol:

But that would mean I'd actually have to get up from my chair. You know, become mobile. Move my legs and rear simultaneously.

think006.gif

Nope. Sorry. Ain't happening.

I've got a similar list facing me today. I'll let you know when I manage to get moving. Perhaps that will motivate you.

The kitchen is clean and the floor scrubbed. For some insane reason when dh and I remodeled the kitchen we put in a white floor. The only way to get it truly clean is with bleach.

But it is sparkly now, and I have come fresh from the chlorine fumes to annoy you all!!!

The laundry pile is still sitting in my room though...

The kitchen is clean and the floor scrubbed. For some insane reason when dh and I remodeled the kitchen we put in a white floor. The only way to get it truly clean is with bleach.

But it is sparkly now, and I have come fresh from the chlorine fumes to annoy you all!!!

Good for you beans.:001_smile: I j*st wish you cleaned my kitchen by mistake.:001_huh:

;)

Well, I don't know if it was all the kicking going on or the guilt -- but my bedroom is sparkling now. I'm sure I'll appreciate it later, but right now I'm sweaty and dirty and not sure if I'm thinking well of you or not. :lol:

BTW -- If you can ignore the floor long enough, you can call it "tan." :D

I need for you to know that when you came here and posted that you'd done the job, cleaned the floor, and that was that, I very nearly fell off my chair. "So soon!?!" I gasped. "The wench!"

Because of you, I was forced to go at my own list. Guilt is a powerful thing, my dear, and even though I'll not be getting rep for it (not that you asked for it, sometimes people are just generous like that), I wanted you to know that between the time I declined to kick you and the time that you posted your follow up post, the girls and I managed to knock out the following:

Entire house vacuumed

Bathroom and kitchen sinks scrubbed

Bathroom mirror cleaned

Toilet cleaned

Compost bucket emptied

Dish drainer emptied

Recyclables driven to the recycle bins behind the grocers

Dinner (about which my oldest daughter exclaimed, "Mom, people would pay money for this!") was prepared and served

Our art supply cabinet was sorted and cleaned (I'm thanking my other daughter for that one)

You should ask for a kick in the pants more often, dear. You had a marvelous effect on me! :lol: Many thanks!

I need for you to know that when you came here and posted that you'd done the job, cleaned the floor, and that was that, I very nearly fell off my chair. "So soon!?!" I gasped. "The wench!"

Because of you, I was forced to go at my own list. Guilt is a powerful thing, my dear, and even though I'll not be getting rep for it (not that you asked for it, sometimes people are just generous like that), I wanted you to know that between the time I declined to kick you and the time that you posted your follow up post, the girls and I managed to knock out the following:

Entire house vacuumed

Bathroom and kitchen sinks scrubbed

Bathroom mirror cleaned

Toilet cleaned

Compost bucket emptied

Dish drainer emptied

Recyclables driven to the recycle bins behind the grocers

Dinner (about which my oldest daughter exclaimed, "Mom, people would pay money for this!") was prepared and served

Our art supply cabinet was sorted and cleaned (I'm thanking my other daughter for that one)

You should ask for a kick in the pants more often, dear. You had a marvelous effect on me! :lol: Many thanks!

Aw MAN!!!

After that list I *almost* feel guilty enough to go tackle the laundry pile...

Who wants to work outside with me today??

I need to plant my new hydrangea bush, basil and parsley. I need to stake the beans which I didn't know were supposed to be pole beans (oops!). I need to edge around the veggie garden, and line it with mulch and stones. I need to attack the poison ivy which is threatening to take over my flower bed. Then if I have time, there is one more corner of our yard that needs taming.

Oh, and the pile of laundry still sits in my bedroom...

Well, I can't work outside with you today, but my pile of laundry will keep your pile of laundry company while you do :D

Well you see my plan was to work outside and get all hot and sweaty, then come inside and crank on the A/C while I fold laundry.

Unfortunately I haven't made it that far...